Rajashekar S, Rajukamaraj, Abimanyu S
Rajashekar S, Rajukamaraj, Abimanyu S
Department of Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs, SRM College of Pharmacy, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur - 603203, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
Drug Regulatory Affairs refers to all aspects within the pharmaceutical process on drug discovery and research which also deals with many risks and opportunities of drug development and they have subject to different degrees of regulations of different countries such as India, USA, Europe. The pharmaceutical law frame is used as guidelines on covering Quality, Safety and Efficacy of a drug as well as Health Authorities' attitudes and requirements are employed for the correct pathway of pharmaceutical needs and have a great influence on the drug development process and had success through it. The role of Regulatory affairs professionals deals with all these aspects to get a desired result of drug development. The health authorities are framed to guide and analyse the drug which fulfils the appropriate quality and efficacy.
Cite this article:
Rajashekar S, Rajukamaraj, Abimanyu S. Risk and Opportunities in Development of New Drug. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6): 3041 -3044. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00537.5
1. Munro D. (2013). SAS and GSK Pull Big Pharma into Big Data Collaboration. Available at: http://onforb.es/19yesqa
2. Harris B. (2013). 3 Ways Big Pharma Uses Big Data. Available at: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/ news/3-ways-big-pharma-uses-big-data.
3. Aimo khan, Thomas Wieland. (2016). Managing risk in drug discovery: reproducibility of published findings. Available at: https://www.ncb.nlm.nih.gov/ pmc/articles/PMC4785199
4. Bruce Baron, Bill Deakin, Martien Kas. (2014). Opportunities to improve and accelerate the drug development pipeline.
5. Oktay Yildirim, Matthias Gottwald. (2016). Opportunities and challenges for drug development. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ articles/PMC5138214
6. J.Van Boxtel, B.Bantoso, I.R.Edwards. (2008). Drugs benefits and risks. International textbook of clinical pharmacology. Available at: https:// www.who.int/medicines/techinical_briefing/tbs/drugs_regulation_history_present_future.pdf
7. Improving and accelerating therapeutic development for nervous system disorders. (2014). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK195047
8. Forced Degradation Study: An Important Tool in Drug Development Authors: A.B. Roge, P.S. Tarte, M.M. Kumare, G.R. Shendarkar, S.M. Vadvalkar Journal: Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research http://anvpublication.org/Universal_Search.aspx?What=CitationList+&tmp_PID=+191025200559506183
9. Study on Role of Postmarketing Surveillance in New Drug Development Authors: A. Tamil Selvan, C. Jothibaskara Mohan, S. Karpagam Kumara Sundari, R. Suthakaran Journal: Asian Journal of Management http://anvpublication.org/ Universal_Search.aspx?What=CitationList+&tmp_PID=+191025200559506183
10. Chemo informatics: Newer Approach for Drug Development Authors: Deepak Bharati, Jagtap RS, Kanase KG, Sonawame SA, Undale VR, Bhosale AV DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150.2019.00034.8Journal: Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry http://anvpublication.org/Universal_Search.aspx?What=CitationList+&tmp_PID=+191025200559506183
11. Trends in Risks Associated With New Drug Development: Success Rates for Investigational Drugs- Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics 87(3):272-7 · March 2010 with 1,097 Reads DOI: 10.1038/clpt.2009.295 · Source: PubMed URL-https://www.researchgate.net/publication/41405454_Trends_in_Risks_Associated_With_New_Drug_Development_Success_Rates_for_Investigational_Drugs
12. Patient-Focused Drug Development A New Direction for Collaboration Perfetto, Eleanor M. PhD, MS*; Burke, Laurie RPh, MPH†; Oehrlein, Elisabeth M. BA*; Epstein, Robert S. MD, MS‡Medical Care: January 2015 - Volume 53 - Issue 1 - p 9–17doi: 10.1097/ MLR.0000000000000273 Patient-Centered Care URL- https://journals.lww.com/ lwwmedicalcare/ Abstract/2015/01000/Patient_Focused_Drug_Development__A_New_Direction.3.aspx
13. Science‐based innovation as systematic risk‐taking Alexander Styhre European Journal of Innovation Management ISSN: 1460-1060 Publication date: 1 July URL -https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/ doi/10.1108/14601060610678167/full/html
14. Factors affecting the uptake of new medicines in secondary care – a literature review D. Chauhan BPharm MRPharmS MSc A. Mason BA MA First published: 09 July 2008 https://doi.org/10.1111/ j.1365-2710.2008.00925.
15. Regulatory Requirements for Drug Development and Approval in United States: A ReviewAuthors: Swati Rawat, Akhilesh Gupta DOI:Journal: Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research http://anvpublication.org/Universal_Search.aspx?What=CitationList+&tmp_PID=+191025200559506183