Swapna B V, Vignesh Kamath
Swapna B V1, Vignesh Kamath2
1Associate Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka, India --576104.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka, India --576104.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
A clinician should have complete information about the drugs being prescribed as the vital aspect of the treatment. It is necessary to know about the indications and possible interactions of the drug to provide a correct and safe treatment to the patients. This article aims to provide useful information about the common medications used in Prosthodontics, to make proper assessment while prescribing them to the patients.
Cite this article:
Swapna B V, Vignesh Kamath. Pharmacotheurapetics in Prosthodontics- A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6): 2997-3000. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00530.2
1. Bennett, C.R. Monheim’s local anesthesia and pain control in dental practice: 1984, 7th ed. St. Louis, Mosby, pp.129.
2. Ball A. Allergic reactions to Lignocaine: Br Dent J. 1999:186, 224-226.
3. Felpel LP. A review of pharmacotherapeutics for prosthetic dentistry: Part I. J Prosthet Dent. 1997; 77:285–92.
4. Felpel LP. A review of pharmacotherapeutics for prosthetic dentistry: Part II. J Prosthet Dent. 1997; 77:293–305.
5. Cowan FF. Dental Pharmacology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lea and Febiger, 1992:272-3.
6. Jagadeeshwaran AR, Arora D, Arun Kumar VR, Raj Kumar A, Balamurugan T, Prabhu PS. Pharmaco-prosthodontics revisited: J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 2012: 4(Suppl 2): S338–S340
7. Johnson JT, Ferretti GA, Nethery WJ, Valdez IH, Fox PC, Ng D, et al. Oral pilocarpine for post-irradiation xerostomia in patients with head and neck cancer: N Engl J Med 1993; 329:390-5.
8. Fox PC, van der Ven PF, Baum BJ, and Mande ID. Pilocarpine for the treatment of xerostomia associated with salivary gland dysfunction. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 1986; 61:243-8.
9. Murthykumar K, Dhanraj. Antihypertensive Drugs Induced Xerostomia: A Short Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(5): 591-592
10. Saraswathy B, Ganapathy D. Salivary substitutes in prosthodontics. International Journal of Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Research.2016:3; 1350-1352.
11. Zarb, G.A., Bolender, C.L. Boucher’s Prosthodontic treatment for edentulous patients.2004. 12th ed. St Louis, Mosby, pp.203.
12. Tripathi K. A Review – Can metal ions be incorporated into drugs? Asian J. Research Chem. 2010:3(2):272-277
13. Garg A. Analgesia in implant dentistry. Dent Implantol Update. 2011; 22:41–5
14. Ahmad S, Ali S, Alam I, Alam S, Alam N, Ali M. Drug Interactions of OTC Analgesics-Aspirin: A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2015; 8: 580-586.
15. Hisham A. Abbas, Fathy M. Serry, Eman M. EL-Masry. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and sodium ascorbate potentiate the antibiotic activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2012:5(8):1124-1129
16. Yuvaraj S, Priya AP, Sriram N. Effect of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs in Pregnancy: A Systematic Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2015:8(6): 787-791
17. Surapaneni H, Yalamanchili PS, Basha MH, Potluri S, Elisetti N, Kiran Kumar MV. Antibiotics in dental implants: A review of literature. J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 2016; 8(Suppl 1): S28-S31.
18. Vaishnavi V. Management of Recurrent Apthous stomatitis- A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2104:7(10): 1193-1195
19. Pogrel MA. Antibiotics in general practice. Dent Update. 1994; 21:274–80
20. Kharia AA, Hiremath SN, A.K. Singha, L.K. Omray, G. R Godge. Formulation Strategy for Low Absorption Window Antihypertensive Agent. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010; 3(1): 113-117.
21. Rubika J. Role of Diazepam in Dentistry - A Short Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2015; 8:1014-1016.
22. Yaghini J,Moghareh A, Izadi M, Birang R, Torabinia N, Tavakoli M. Effect of Short-term Steroid Use (Prednisolone) on Bone Healing around Implants: An Experimental Study on Dogs. OHDM 2017: 16: 1-4
23. Awale P, Sonawane D, Dhananjay S, Mhatre D, et al. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2013.6(8): 899-901.
24. Ahmed MA, Jain AR, Varma ACU. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Antisialogogue drugs in Dental Management. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(10):3489-91