Kallol Jana, Beduin Mahanti
Kallol Jana*, Beduin Mahanti
School of Pharmacy, Techno India University, West Bengal, EM 4, Sector –V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, West Bengal, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
A reliable, sensitive, isocratic and simple RP-HPLC was developed and validated for assay of Rosuvastatin Calcium in tablets and for determination of content uniformity. Chromatography was achieved by Thermo scientific C8 column, 250 x 4.6mm, particle size 5 µm with flow rate of 1.0ml/min. Detection was monitor at 248 nm. The mobile phase consisted of methanol : acetonitrile : water (40:40:20, v/v). Retention time of Rosuvastatin Calcium was found to be 3.427-and an overall analytical run time of approximately 5 minutes. The method was linear over concentration range of 140-260µg/ml ( r2 = 0.999). The limit of detection and quantification was 3.26 and 9.88 respectively. Accuracy (recovery) of Rosuvastatin Calcium was between 106.58%,100.18% and 102.81 %. The developed method was validated for accuracy, precision, ruggedness, robustness and stability of solution. The proposed method is accurate, simple, rapid, precise, time effective, reproducible and hence can be applied routine quality control estimation of Rosuvastatin Calcium in tablet dosage form. The results of validation parameters have been validated statistically and also by recovery studies.
Cite this article:
Kallol Jana, Beduin Mahanti. Development and Validation of a new improved RP-HPLC Method for estimation of Rosuvastatin calcium in Pharmaceutical dosage form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6): 2886-2892. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00515.6
1. Sweetman SC, Martindal the complete drug reference. 34th ed. London: Royal pharmaceutical society of Great Britain; 2005. P. 996.
2. Lennernas H, Fager G. Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, similarities and differences. Clin Pharmacokinet 1997;32:403-25.
3. Nissen S, Nicholls S, Sipahi I, Libby P, Raichlen JS, Ballantyne CM, et al. Effect of very high-intensity stain therepy on regression of coronary atherosclerosis: the ASTEROID trial. J Am Med Assn 2006;295:1556-65.
4. Ankita Panchal, Gaurav Sanghvi, Ashish Vachhani, Navin Sheth, Devendra Vaishnav. Simultaneous determination of Aspirin and Rosuvastatin Calcium in capsules by using RP-HPLC coupled with photo diode arry detection: International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy; ISSN:2299-3843,Vol.33, pp 218-230.
5. A.Lakshmana Rao and D.Suneetha. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC method for the Estimation of Rosuvastatin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. Int.J.Chem.Sci.;8(2), 2010,1308-1314.
6. Dipali Tajane,Amol M.Raurale, Pradeep D.Bharande, Anil N.Mali, Amol V.Gadkari, Vishal R.Bhosale. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2012, 4(5):2789-2794.
7. Chirag B. Pandya, K.P.Channabasavaraj, Jaydeep D. Chudasama, T.TMani.Development Validation of RP-HPLC method for development of Rosuvastatin Calcium in bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage form. Volume 5, Issue1, November-December 2010; Article-012.
8. Devika.G.S, M.Sudhakari and J.Vvenkateshwara Rao.A new improve RP-HPLC method for Simultaneous estimation of Rosuvastatin Calcium and Fenofibrate in Tablets. International Journal o Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.ISSN-0975-1491, Vol. 3, Suppl. 4, 2011.
9. H.O.Kaila,M.A.Ambasana, R.S.. Thakkar, H.T. Saravaia and A.K.Shah. Anew improved RP-HPLC method for assay of Rosuvastatin Calcium in Tablets. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, September-October 2010, pp 592-598.
10. Hemant Kumar T. Swathi Sri D., Vara Prasada Rao K. and Srinivasa Rao Y. Validate RP-HPLC method for determination of Rosuvastatin calcium in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. Page no: 2913-17. July 2015.
11. Divya Suares, Bala Prabhakar. Stability-Indicating assay method for determination of Rosuvastatin in Nano-formulation and pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC.ISSN:0974-4304, Vol.9, No.7, pp 265-274, 2016.
12. Mohamed El-Kassen M Hassouna, Hafsa Omar Salem. Stability indicating new RP-HPLC method for the determination of Rosuvastatin calcium in pure and tablets dosage forms. International journal of Applied pharmaceutical and Biological research, 2017;2(2);11-27.
13. G Vidya sagar, S Angala parameswari, C Madhusudhana Chetty, A V Satish Kumar. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of Rosuvastatin calcium and clopidogrel in capsule dosage form. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012,5(9),4881-4883.
14. Murthy TGK and Geethanjali J. Development of a Validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of metformin hydrochloride and Rosuvastatin calcium in bulk and In-House formulation. Chromatography Separation Techniques. 5:252. Doi: 10.4172/2157-7064.1000252.
15. International Conference on Harmonization, (1996) guidance for industry In; Q2B Validation on Analytical Procedures; Methodology. Switcher land; IFPMA:1-8.
16. The United States Pharmacopoeia. 32th Revision. USP32–NF27 Page 382.
17. ICH:Q2A, Text on validation of analytical procedure ( October1994).
18. ICH: Q2B, Analytical Validation-Methodology (November 1996).
19. ICH Q2 (R1), Validation of analytical procedures Text and Methodology (November 2005).