Palyam Bhanu, Raja Sundararajan, Peethala Prathyusha, Mathrusri Annapurna Mukthinuthalapati
Palyam Bhanu, Raja Sundararajan*, Peethala Prathyusha, Mathrusri Annapurna Mukthinuthalapati
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh-530045, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
Luliconazole is a novel imidazole antifungal used in treatment of interdigital tinea pedis, tinea cruris, and tinea corporis. A simple, precise new ultrafast liquid chromatographic method has been developed and validated for the Luliconazole in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. Shimadzu ModelCBM-20A/20 Alite HPLC system equipped with PDA detector was used. The chromatographic separation was achieved using Phenomenex Gemini C18 column (150 mm × 4.60 mm i.d. 5µm particle size) with mobile phases containing Phosphate buffer (pH -4): Acetonitrile (60:40 v/v). The flow rate was maintained at 0.8ml/min. The detection was done at 299 nm. The retention time was found to be 6.378min. Luliconazole showed linearity in the concentration range of 5-100µg/mL with linear regression equation y = 81537x + 6325.6 (R2 = 0.9999). The % RSD for precision and accuracy was found to be less than 2% .The LOD and LOQ were found to be 0.16 and 0.49 .The proposed method was found to be simple, precise, accurate and validated according to ICH guidelines.
Cite this article:
Palyam Bhanu, Raja Sundararajan, Peethala Prathyusha, Mathrusri Annapurna Mukthinuthalapati. A new stability indicating RP-UFLC method for determination of Luliconazole in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6): 2859-2863. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00509.0
1. Koga H, Tsuji Y, Inoue K, Kanai K, Majima T, Kasai T, et al. In vitro antifungal activity of Luliconazole against clinical isolates from patients with dermatomycoses. The Journal of Infection and Chemotherapy. 2006;12:163–165
2. Saunders J, Maki K, Koski R, Nybo SE. Tavaborole, Efinaconazole, and Luliconazole: Three New Antimycotic Agents for the Treatment of Dermatophytic Fungi. The Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2017; 30(6): 621-630.
3. Poojary SA. A review and their role in current management of dermatophytoses. Clinical Dermatology Review. 2017; 1(3): 24-29
4. Deepashikha K, subhash B. Luliconazole for the treatment of fungal infection: an evidence based review. Core evidence. 2014; 9: 113-124.
5. Santosh RT, Sawant SD, Anuja PB. Estimation of Luliconazole in Formulation and Biofluid. Journal of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2017; 6(5): 00187.
6. Sultan MA, EL-Alamin MA, MA Atia, Aboul-Enein HY. Stability indicating method for the determination of Luliconazole by TLC and HPTLC – densitometry in bulk powder and cream dosage form. Journal of planar chromatography. 2017; 30(1): 68-74.
7. Sowjanya G, Mohana K. Quantification and stability aspects of Luliconazole in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms by UV spectroscopy. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2019; 9(2-s): 300-306.
8. Chaudhari MJ, Chaudhari SR, Chalikwar SC, Shirkhedkar AA. Application of area under curve technique for UV- Spectrophotometric determination of Luliconazole in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2018; 8(1): 45-48.
9. Noopur JD, Dilip GM. UV spectrophotometric method for the estimation of Luliconazole in marketed formulation. Pharma Science Monitor. 2014; 5(2): 48-54.
10. Aditi M, Anju G. Method Development and Validation of RP HPLC Method for Assay and related Substances of Luliconazole in Topical Dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Analysis. 2017; 4(2): 46-50.
11. Sandeep S, Paraag G. Application of experimental design for the optimization of forced degradation and development of a validated stability-indicating LC method for Luliconazole in bulk and cream formulation. Arabian Journal of Chemis timation of Luliconazole in marketed formulation (Cream). The Pharma Innovation Journal. try. 2016; 9(2): 1428-1434.
12. Tomal M, Razibul MH, Pritam R, Ratan P and Nazmul MH. Method development and validation of RP-HPLC method for es2019; 8(5): 103-10.
13. ICH validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology Q2 (R1), International Conference on Harmonization. 2005