Krishnakumar P, Sundarrajan T, Kathiravan M K, Manikandan K
Krishnakumar P1, Sundarrajan T1, Kathiravan M K2, Manikandan K3*
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, SRM College of Pharmacy, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram – 603203.
2209, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Research Lab, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, SRM College of Pharmacy, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram – 603203.
3Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, SRM College of Pharmacy, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram – 603203.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
A sensitive and exact UV spectroscopic technique with a multilinear regression technique for assurance for Dapoxetine HCL in the drug dosage form. This technique relies upon the utilization of the linear regression equations by utilizing the interconnection between absorbance and concentration at five selected wavelengths. The outcomes were dealt with numerically and were found highly precise, reproducible and accurate. This technique is precise, linear and accurate between the limits of 10-50µg/mL. The excipients do not have any conflicts. The numerical analysis with the multilinear regression method was utilized. The information procured for the evaluation of Dapoxetine HCL in bulk drug dosage form evidenced the high-level accuracy and precision after the multivariate analytical technique. Subsequently, this technique is extremely valuable with uncomplicated mathematical contents, is more dependable than the other spectroscopic techniques then it suggests an application in calibration models for routine analysis. It has been validated and developed for further studies and quantification of Dapoxetine HCL in Bulk and pharmaceutical formulation.
Cite this article:
Krishnakumar P, Sundarrajan T, Kathiravan M K, Manikandan K. Spectroscopic Estimation of Dapoxetine HCl using Multivariate Analysis. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6): 2715-2719. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00483.7
1. The Merck Index, 15th Edition., USA: Merck and CO., Inc., 2013: 2822.
2. The Indian Pharmacopeia, 8th ed, The Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission, Ghaziabad, Vol I, 228.
3. Lue T, Basson R, Rosen R, Giuliano F, Khoury S, Montorsi F. Sexual Medicine: Sexual Dysfunctions in Men and Women; Eds., Distributor ed. Vol. 21, 2004.
4. Hatzimouratidis K, Amar E, Eardley I, Giuliano F, Hatzichristou D, Montorsi F, Vardi Y, Wespes E. Guidelines on Male Sexual Dysfunction: Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation. Eur. Urol. 57; 2010: 804−814.
5. Mohamed MA, Atty SA, Yehia AM, Foster CW, Banks CE, Allam NK. Electrochemical determination of the serotonin reuptake inhibitor, dapoxetine, using cesium–gold nanoparticles. ACS omega.2(10); 2017: 6628-35.
6. Nataraj KS, Kesinath R, Kiran D, Suresh S. Simple validated UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Dapoxetine. JCPS. 4(3); 2011.
7. Vineeta VK, Muralikrishna KS. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Dapoxetine Hcl in Bulk and Dosage Form. Int. J. Drug Dev. Res. 5; 2013: 161−167.
8. Raval HR, Patel DM, Patel CN. Estimation of Metoprolol Tartrate and Chlorthalidone in Combined Dosage Form by UV-Spectrophotometric Methods. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 4(8); 2011: 1204-6.
9. Kathirvel S, Sahiti V, Suneetha A. Spectrophotometric Estimation of Risedronate Sodium in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulations using Multivariate Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 3(4); 2010:1209-12.
10. Abirami G, Anandakumar K, Velmurugan R. Development and Validation of UV-Spectroscopy Method for the Determination of Dapoxetine Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 5(4); 2012:1949-1951.
11. Singh VD, Daharwal SJ. Analytical Methods for Quantitative Estimation of Ambroxol HCl in Pharmaceutical Preparation: A Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 7(10); 2014: 1208-19.
12. Kathirvel S, Sahiti V, Suneetha A. Spectrophotometric Estimation of Risedronate Sodium in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulations using Multivariate Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 3(4); 2010: 1209-12.
13. Chabukswar AP, Kuchekar BS, Patil SL, Moon SA, Chate SG, Pagare BD. Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Determination of Dapoxetine and Sildenafil in Combined Tablet Dosage Form by Absorbance Corrected Method. Der Pharma Chemica. 4(4); 2012: 1404–1407.
14. International Conference on Harmonisation Tripartite Guideline: Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology Q2(R1), Complementary Guideline on Methodology; 2005.
15. Amin G. Development And Validation Of Dual Wavelength UV Spectrophotometric Method For Simultaneous Estimation Of Tadalafil And Dapoxetine Hydrochloride In Their Combined Tablet Dosage Form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Bio-Science. 1(2); 2012: 247–255.
16. Raval HR, Patel DM, Patel CN. Estimation of Metoprolol Tartrate and Chlorthalidone in Combined Dosage Form by UV-Spectrophotometric Methods. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 4(8); 2011: 1204-6.
17. Paghadar B, Antala H, Tala P, Dhudashia K, Patel N. Absorbance Ratio Spectrophotometric Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Vardenafil and Dapoxetine Hydrochloride in their Combined Dosage Form. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Nano Sciences. 2(1); 2013: 124–129.
18. Susmitha AS, Kokilambigai KS, Lakshmi KS. Spectrophotometric Quantification of Telmisartan Employing Multivariate Calibration Technique in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 12(4); 2019: 1799-805.
19. Tambe VS, Deodhar MN, Prakya V. Stability-indicating UPLC-MS/UV Method for Simultaneous Determination of Sildenafil Citrate and Dapoxetine Hydrochloride from Bulk and Formulation. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 78(5); 2017: 663–672.
20. Prajapati CA, Patel BS. Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Determination of Sildenafil Citrate and Dapoxetine Hydrochloride in Their Combined Dosage Formulation. Pharmatutor. 2(11); 2014: 84–88.
21. Patel PD, Makwana CJ, Patel MD, Dey S. Development and Validation of Analytical Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Vardenafil and Dapoxetine Hcl in Bulk and in Combined Dosage Form. International Journal Pharmacy Research Scholars. 3(2); 2014: 17-30.
22. M. M. Abdel-Moety, E. R. Souaya, E. A. Soliman. Spectrophotometric Methods for Simultaneous Determination of Vardenafil and Dapoxetine Hydrochloride in Combined Dosage Form. World J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci., 4; 2015: 120−133.
23. Shrestha B, Basnett H, Raj PM, Patel SS, Das M, Verma NK. Process analytical technology: a quality assurance tool. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2(2); 2009: 225-7.