Susmita Basak, K Ishwar Bhat
Susmita Basak, K Ishwar Bhat*
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, NITTE (Deemed to be University), Paneer, Deralakatte- 575018, Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
A series of (1E, 3E)-1-[2-(4-chlorophenyl)hydrazinylidene]-4-phenylbut-3-en-2-one(SC1-SC7) has been successfully synthesized from (1E)-1-(2-phenylhydrazinylidene) propan-2-one by condensation reaction in the presence of 20% NaOH as base catalyst. All the compounds were characterized by IR spectroscopy and confirmed by 1H NMR, Mass spectroscopy and elemental analysis. All the compounds have been screened for their antioxidant activity. Most of the compounds showed promising activity and can be used as a potential antioxidant drugs.
Cite this article:
Susmita Basak, K Ishwar Bhat. Synthesis, Characterization and Anti-oxidant Activity of Novel Phenylhydrazine derivatives containing carbonyl group on β- carbon. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6): 2661-2666. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00473.4
1. Gibian MJ, Corley RC. Organic radical-radical reactions. Disproportionation vs. combination. Chem. Rev, 1973; 73: 441-464.
2. Govindasami T, Pandey A, Palanivelu N. Pandey A. Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of biologically important vanillin related hydrazone derivatives. Int. J. Org. Chem. 2011; 1: 71.
3. Avaji, P.G., Kumar, C.V., Patil, S.A., Shivananda, K.N. and Nagaraju, C. Synthesis, spectral characterization, in-vitro microbiological evaluation and cytotoxic activities of novel macrocyclic bis hydrazine. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2009; 44: 3552-3559.
4. Verma G, Marella A, Shaquiquzzaman M, Akhtar M., Ali MR, Alam MM. A review exploring biological activities of hydrazones. J. Pharm. Bioallied. Sci. 2014; 6: 69.
5. Backes GL, Neumann DM , Jursic BS. Synthesis and antifungal activity of substituted salicylaldehyde hydrazones, hydrazides and sulfohydrazides. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2014; 22: 4629-4636.
6. Vicini P, Zani F, Cozzini P, Doytchinova I. Hydrazones of 1, 2-benzisothiazole hydrazides: Synthesis, antimicrobial activity and QSAR investigations. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2002; 37: 553-564.
7. Belkheiri N, Bouguerne B, Bedos-Belval F et al. Synthesis and antioxidant activity evaluation of a syringic hydrazones family. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 2010; 45: 3019-3026.
8. Vicini P, Incerti M, La Colla P, Loddo R. Anti-HIV evaluation of benzo [d] isothiazole hydrazones. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2009; 44: 1801-1807.
9. Ragavendran JV, Sriram D, Patel SK, et al. Design and synthesis of anticonvulsants from a combined phthalimide–GABA–anilide and hydrazone pharmacophore. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2007; 42: 146-151.
10. Asif M, Husain A. Analgesic, anti-Inflammatory, and antiplatelet profile of hydrazones containing synthetic molecules. Journal of Applied Chemistry. 2013; 2013.
11. Rathelot P, Vanelle P, Gasquet M., Delmas F. Synthesis of novel functionalized 5-nitroisoquinolines and evaluation of in vitro antimalarial activity. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 1995; 30: 503-508.
12. Sondhi SM, Dinodia M, Kumar A. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity evaluation of some amidine and hydrazone derivatives. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2006; 14: 4657-4663.
13. Bijev A. New heterocyclic hydrazones in the search for antitubercular agents: Synthesis and in vitro evaluations. Lett. Drug. Des. Discov. 2006; 3: 506-512.
14. Mohareb RM, Fleita DH, Sakka OK. Novel synthesis of hydrazide-hydrazone derivatives and their utilization in the synthesis of coumarin, pyridine, thiazole and thiophene derivatives with antitumor activity. Molecules. 2011; 16: 16-27.
15. Xiang Y, Tong A, Jin P, Ju Y. New fluorescent rhodamine hydrazone chemosensor for Cu (II) with high selectivity and sensitivity. Org. Lett. 2006; 8: 2863-2866.
16. Wu AM, Senter PD. Arming antibodies: prospects and challenges for immunoconjugates. Nat Biotechnol. 2005; 23: 1137.
17. Meunier B, de Visser, SP, Shaik S. Mechanism of oxidation reactions catalyzed by cytochrome P450 enzymes. Chem. rev. 2004; 104: 3947-3980.
18. Yin D, Chen K. The essential mechanisms of aging: Irreparable damage accumulation of biochemical side-reactions. Exp. Gerontol. 2005; 40: 455-465.
19. Hamid AA, Aiyelaagbe OO, Usman LA, Ameen OM. Lawal, A. Antioxidants: Its medicinal and pharmacological applications. AJPAC, 2010; 4: 142-151.
20. Reynolds GA, VanAllan JA. Methylglyoxal-ω-Phenylhydrazone. Organic Syntheses. 1963; 4: 633.
21. Prasad YR, Rao AL, Rambabu R. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Some Chalcone Derivatives. J. Chem. 2008; 5: 461-466.
22. Chanda S, Dave R. In vitro models for antioxidant activity evaluation and some medicinal plants possessing antioxidant properties: An overview. Afr. J. Microbiol. Res. 2009; 3: 981-996.