Thaikadan Soorya Sukumaran, M. P. Venkatesh
Thaikadan Soorya Sukumaran, M. P. Venkatesh
Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Group, Dept. of Pharmaceutics, JSS College of Pharmacy, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysuru-570015, Karnataka, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
Post approval changes are a vital part of the pharmaceutical product life cycle management. These chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC) changes are done due to the changing needs, new findings and for continuous improvement. These changes need to be carefully monitored and must follow a proper regulatory path for implementation. In case of any failure to comply with regulatory requirements for post-approval CMC changes the product will be termed as misbranded or adulterated. Some of the changes may be significant and require a substantial amount of stability data and for the changes which are minor, require only a stability commitment. The change control procedures give the detail on how the changes are evaluated and implemented and how these changes will impact the stability of the product and also information on the necessary data required to support the change.
Cite this article:
Thaikadan Soorya Sukumaran, M. P. Venkatesh. Regulatory requirements for Post approval changes in Japan, Canada and Malaysia. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6):2585-2590. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00460.6
Thaikadan Soorya Sukumaran, M. P. Venkatesh. Regulatory requirements for Post approval changes in Japan, Canada and Malaysia. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6):2585-2590. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00460.6 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-6-10
1. Post-Approval Change Management Systems in the ICH Region with Focus on “Established Conditions” Available from: https://dgra.de/media/pdf/studium/masterthesis/master_wiechmann_anja_2017.pdf
2. Amsa P, Pandey GK, Bhowmick M. The Scope of Web-based Clinical Research in Pharmacy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2008;1(3):121-123.
3. Amitava Roy, Amitava Ghosh. The Sixth International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH 6) – A Promising Future in Global Pharmaceutical Industry. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2008; 1(3):161-165.
4. Patel Dhaval V, Patel Biraju D. Quality Improvement Methodologies in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. Asian J. Management. 2010; 1(1): 1-3.
5. Post-Approval Change Regulations in Japan. Available from: https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/casss.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/CMC_Japan_Speaker_Slides/2013_CMCJP_HondaFutaba.pdf.
6. Durai Anand Kumar, V. Balakrishnan. A study on ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certification – Reasons behind the failure of ISO certified Organizations. Asian J. Management. 2011; 2(4): 191-196.
7. Swati Rawat, Akhilesh Gupta, Regulatory Requirements for Drug Development and Approval in United States: A Review. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2011;1(1):1-6.
8. S. S. Shuka, Bina Gidwani, Importance of Pharmacovigilance in Indian Pharmaceutical Industry. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2012; 2(1): 4-8.
9. Raghava Ramesh Narayana, KP Shivalinge Gowda. ICH Guidelines with Special Emphasis on Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (GCP). Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2010; 2(1):27-32.
10. Health Canada is pleased to announce the release of the revised Post-Notice of Compliance (NOC) Changes - Quality Guidance. Available from: http://stg3plus.bpfk.gov.my/front-end/attachment/624/pharma/ 170526/170526_20160929_153425_.pdf (Assessed on: 21st June 2018)
11. Pratik Dash, Satyajit Behera. Investigational New Drug Application Process (IND) - As a Tool for Drug Discovery. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010; 2(3): 47-50
12. Post- Notice of Compliance (NOC) Changes: Quality Document. Available from: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/drug-products/applications-submissions/guidance-documents/post-notice-compliance-changes/quality-document.html (Assessed on: 24th June 2018)
13. Hiren M. Marvaniya, Divyesh J. Vanparia, Renu Chauhan, Dhrubo Jyoti Sen. Process Analytical Technology (PAT): An Initiative Objective for Pharmaceutical C-GMP for the 21st Century. Research J. Science and Tech. 2010; 2(6): 129-133.
14. Md. Yaqub Khan, Poonam Gupta. A Review on Marketing of OTC Drugs. Asian J. Res. Pharm.Sci. 2013; 3(2):72-78.
15. Post- Notice of Compliance (NOC) Changes: Safety and Efficacy Document. Available from: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/drug-products/applications-submissions/guidance-documents/post-notice-compliance-changes/safety-efficacy-document.html
16. Malaysian Variation guideline for pharmaceutical products. Available from: https://www.npra.gov.my/images/Circulars_Directive/ Regulatory_Information/page-7/Malaysia-Variation-Guideline-for-Pharmaceutical-Products-2013_edition-1April2013-080513.pdf