Ahmed N. Ayyash, Hadeel Q. Abdalrazzaq Habeeb, Entesar J. Fadel
Ahmed N. Ayyash1*, Hadeel Q. Abdalrazzaq Habeeb2, Entesar J. Fadel1
1Lecturer of Organic Chemistry, Ph.D. of Heterocyclic Chemistry, Department of Applied Chemistry, College of Applied Sciences, University of Fallujah, Anbar, Iraq.
2Assist. Lecturer of Organic Chemistry, M.Sc. of Organic Chemistry, Department of Nursing, Alfarabi University College, Baghdad, Iraq.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2020
In this study, a variety of new 1,3-thiazin-4-one compounds bearing 1,3,4-thiadiazoles and /or 1,2,4-triazoles moieties have been prepared via their relating Schiff bases with good yields by intramolecular cyclocondensation reaction starting with pyrazine-2,3-dicarboxylic acid. The structures conformity of newly synthesized compounds were based on their physiochemical properties, elemental analysis, as well as FTIR,1H NMR, and 13C NMR spectra. These newly compounds have been screened for their antimicrobial activities with excellent results.
Cite this article:
Ahmed N. Ayyash, Hadeel Q. Abdalrazzaq Habeeb, Entesar J. Fadel. Design and Development of Novel 1,3-Thiazin-4-one compounds derived from Pyrazine-2,3-Dicarboxylic Acid: Synthesis and Bioactivity Screening. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(5): 2221-2227. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00399.6
Ahmed N. Ayyash, Hadeel Q. Abdalrazzaq Habeeb, Entesar J. Fadel. Design and Development of Novel 1,3-Thiazin-4-one compounds derived from Pyrazine-2,3-Dicarboxylic Acid: Synthesis and Bioactivity Screening. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(5): 2221-2227. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00399.6 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-5-29
1. Carey JS et al. Analysis of the reactions used for the preparation of drug candidate molecules. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry. 2006: 4(12); 2337-2347.
2. Rück-Braun K. et al. 1, 3-Dipolar cycloaddition on solid supports: nitrone approach towards isoxazolidines and isoxazolines and subsequent transformations. Chemical Society Reviews. 2005: 34(6); 507-516.
3. Mehta PD et al. 2-Azetidinone- A new profile of various pharmacological activities. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2010: 45(12); 5541-5560.
4. Solomon, VR et al. Design and synthesis of novel quinacrine-[1, 3]-thiazinan-4-one hybrids for their anti-breast cancer activity. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2018:143;1028-1038.
5. Wang S et al. Scaffold diversity inspired by the natural product evodiamine: discovery of highly potent and multitargeting antitumor agents. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2015: 58(16); 6678-6696.
6. Arya K et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel spiro [indole-pyridothiazine] analogs as antiproliferative agents. RSC Advances. 2014: 4(6); 3060-3064.
7. Umamatheswari S and Sankar C. Synthesis, identification and in vitro biological evaluation of some novel quinoline incorporated 1, 3-thiazinan-4-one derivatives. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2017: 27(3); 695-699.
8. Popiołek Ł et al. Design, synthesis, and in vitro antimicrobial activity of new furan/thiophene‐1, 3‐benzothiazin‐4‐one hybrids. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2016: 53(2); 479-486.
9. Nachiket SD et al. Synthesis and Evaluation of Phenothiazine derivative for Anti-depressant activity. Asian J. Research Chem. 2015: 8(12); 745-750.
10. Bosenbecker J et al. Synthesis and antioxidant activity of 3‐(pyridin‐2‐ylmethyl)‐1, 3‐thiazinan (thiazolidin)‐4‐ones. Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology. 2014: 28(9); 425-432.
11. Gadre JN et al. Synthesis of some new 4-thiazolidinones and thiazin-4-ones as biologically potent agents. Indian Journal of Chemistry - Section B. 2007: 46(4); 653-659.
12. Azab M et al. Synthesis and antibacterial evaluation of novel heterocyclic compounds containing a sulfonamido moiety. Molecules. 2013: 18(1); 832-844.
13. Anand SA et al. Synthesis of novel 1,3-thiazin-4-ones by acetylene diester cyclization and their anticancer activities. Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon and the Related Elements. 2016: 191(10);1396-401.
14. Sharma A et al. Synthesis, anticancer evaluation, and molecular docking studies of novel (4-hydroxy-2-thioxo-3,4-dihydro-2h-[1,3]thiazin-6-yl)-chromen-2-ones via a multicomponent approach. Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society. 2018: 65(7); 810-821.
15. Kulakov IV et al. Synthesis, steric structure, and biological activity of 5-methyl-2-(morpholin-4-ylamino)-5,6-dihydro-4h-1,3-thiazin-4-one. Russian Journal of General Chemistry. 2015: 85(2); 467-471.
16. Putta VPRK et al. A metal-and base-free domino protocol for the synthesis of 1,3-benzoselenazines, 1,3-benzothiazines and related scaffolds. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry. 2019: 17(9); 2516-2528.