The isolation isorhamnetin 3-O-a-L- (6''-E-p-coumaroyl)-rhamnoside was obtained from Indigofera tinctoria. Indigofera tinctoria flower has been found to rich in medicinal properties such as anti -inflammatory anticancer, anti diabetic, antimicrobial activity. The plant flower have been found to rich in nutrients and anti nutrients such as crude protein The present study has been under taken with an objective to determine the anti -inflammatory or immunosuppressive agent., antibacterial, antioxidant and cytotoxic activity of the flower methanol extract Indigofera tinctoria. The selected medicinal plant was collected from nearby region of cuddlaore. The compound present in isorhamnetin 3-O-a-L- (6''-E-p-coumaroyl)-rhamnoside the extract were identified by analysis of UV, IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, HPLC, TLC spectroscopy methods.
Cite this article:
K. Prabakaran, M. Sathiyaseelan. Evaluation of Anti-inflammatory activites of Isorhamnetin 3-O-α-L- (6''-E-p-coumaroyl)-rhamnoside isolated from Indigofera tinctoria. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(5): 2187-2191. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00393.5
K. Prabakaran, M. Sathiyaseelan. Evaluation of Anti-inflammatory activites of Isorhamnetin 3-O-α-L- (6''-E-p-coumaroyl)-rhamnoside isolated from Indigofera tinctoria. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(5): 2187-2191. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00393.5 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-5-23
1. Amrithpal Singh. Medicinal Plants of the World, Special indin edition, Oxford and IBH” Publishing Co.Pvt Ltd, , New delhi. 2006:168.
2. Nadkarni K M, Indian meteria medica, 3rd revised enlarged edition, Ramdas Bhatkat for Popular Prakashan Pvt. Ltd Mumbai. 2002; 680-681.
3. Asuntha G, Prasannaraju Y, Prasad KVSRG. Effect of ethanol extract of Indigofera tinctoria Linn. (Fabaceae) on lithium/pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus and oxidative stress in Wistar rats.Trop J Pharm Res, 2010; 9: 149–156.
4. Tyagi PK, Rai VK, Pahria AK, Kumar SS, Singh Y, Sharma M, Goval M. Preliminary phytochemical screening and evaluation of antiinflammatory activity of ethanolic extract of leaves of Indigofera tinctoria Linn. J Curr Pharm Res. 2010; 3: 47–50.
5. Sivagnanam Ilayaraja, Kalaivanan Prabakaran, Rajamanickam Manivannan Evaluation of Anti- Bacterial, Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory activities of Oncocalyxone A isolated from Prenanthes sarmentosus Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2014; 4 (10): 88-91.
6. Mossa, J.S., Rafatullah, S., Galal, A.M., Al-Yahya, M.A. Pharmacological Studies of Rhusretinoeehoea. International J Pharmacognosy. 1995; 33:242-246.
7. Vinegar R, Schriber W, Hugo R. Biphasic development of carrageenan edema in rats. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 1969; 166: 96-103.
8. Harborne. JB(1988). The Flavonoids, Advances in Research
Sciences. 980. New York: Chapman and Hall.
9. Harborne JB, Mabry TJ, Mabry H (1975) The Flavonoids. New
York: Academic Press.
10. Markham K.R.; Geiger, H. 1H nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of flavonoids and their glycosides in hexadeutero dimethyl sulfoxide: Advances in Research since 1986, ed; J.B. Harborne. Chapman and Hall; London, 1994, pp 441-497.
11. R. Manivannan and R. Shopna Isolation of Quercetin and Isorhamnetin Derivatives and Evaluation of Anti-microbial and Anti-inflammatory Activities of Persicaria glabra Natural Product Sciences. 2015, 21(3) : 170-175 .
12. Mohini A. Phanse, Manohar J. Patil, Konde Abbulu, Pravin D. Chaudhari and Bhoomi In-vivo and in-vitro screening of medicinal plants for their anti-inflammatory activity: an overview Patel Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2012; (07): 19-33.
13. Turner, R.A. Analgesic. In: Turner, R.A., Ed., Screening Methods in Pharmacology, Academic Press, London, 100 (1965)
14. Mahesh S, Patil MB and Kumar R: Evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of ethanolic extract of Borassus flabellifer L. Male flowers in experimental animals, Journal of Medicinal Plants Research. 2009; 3(2): 49-54.
15. Subhash Chandra, Sarla Saklani, Abhay P. Mishra, Ganesh Rana. Nutriional antinutrional profile and phytochemical screening of flowers of Indigofera tinctoria from garhwal himalya. International Journal of Herbal Medicine. 2014; 1 (5): 23-27.