Nanotechnology deals with the invention and practice of material in the nanoscale measurement. The large bandwidth and high exiciton binding results in peculiar potential applications like antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant property. In recent studies Zinc oxide nanoparticles (ZnO NPs) had been synthesized frequently for the antibacterial, antifungal studies. Since the physical and chemical production of these nano particals, from the plants extract is economic and ecofriendly, the environment is protected from the usage of toxic chemicals. Thus the current study is the synthesis and characterization methods to ZnO nano particals using different biological sources. The objective of this study is to evaluate the potential of Cocos nucifera male flowers extracts for the synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles and their antimicrobial properties.
Cite this article:
P. Indra Priyatharesini, R. Ganesamoorthy, R. Sudha. Synthesis of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticle using Cocos nucifera male Flower Extract and Analysis their Antimicrobial Activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(5): 2151-2154. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00386.8
P. Indra Priyatharesini, R. Ganesamoorthy, R. Sudha. Synthesis of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticle using Cocos nucifera male Flower Extract and Analysis their Antimicrobial Activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(5): 2151-2154. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00386.8 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-5-16
1. H. Mirzaei, M. Darroudi, Zinc oxide nanoparticles: biological synthesis and biomedical applications, Ceram. Int. 43 (2017) 907–91.
2. J. Pulit-Prociak, J. Chwastowski, A. Kucharski, M. Banach, Functionalization of textiles with silver and zinc oxide nanoparticles, Appl. Surf. Sci. 385 (2016) 543–553.
3. T.C. Taranath, B.N. Patil, Limonia acidissima L. leaf mediated synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles: a potent tool against Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Int. J. Mycobacteriol. 5 (2016) 197–204.
4. P. Jamdagni, P. Khatri, J.S. Rana, Green synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles using flower extract of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis and their antifungal activity, J. King Saud Univ.-Sci. (2016).
5. M. Sundrarajan, S. Ambika, K. Bharathi, Plant-extract mediated synthesis of ZnO nanoparticles using Pongamia pinnata and their activity against pathogenic bacteria, Adv. Powder Technol. 26 (2015) 1294–1299.
6. P. Rajiv, S. Rajeshwari, R. Venckatesh, Bio-Fabrication of zinc oxide nanoparti- cles using leaf extract of Parthenium hysterophorus L. and its size-dependent antifungal activity against plant fungal pathogens, Spectrochimica Acta–Part A 112 (2013) 384–387.
7. V. Anbukkarasi , R. Srinivasan , N. Elangovan , Antimicrobial activity of green synthesized zinc oxide nanoparticles from emblica officinalis, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 33 (2) (2015) 110–115 .
8. G.R. Navale , D.J. Late , S.S. Shinde ,JSM Nanotechnology & nanomedicine antimi- crobial activity of ZnO nanoparticles against pathogenic bacteria and fungi, JSM Nanotechnol. Nanomed. 3 (2015) .
9. S. Azizi, R. Mohamad, A. Bahadoran, S. Bayat, R.A. Rahim, A. Ariff, W.Z. Saad, Effect of annealing temperature on antimicrobial and structural properties of bio-synthesized zinc oxide nanoparticles using flower extract of Anchusa ital- ica, J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 161 (2016) 4 41–4 49.
10. Chao Wang, Antibacterial effects of zinc oxide nanoparticles on Escherichia coli K88, Afr. J. Biotechnol. 11 (2012) 10248–10254.
11. S. Vijayakumar, G. Vinoj, B. Malaikozhundan, S. Shanthi, B. Vaseeharan, Plec- tranthus amboinicus leaf extract mediated synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparti- cles and its control of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus biofilm and blood sucking mosquito larvae, Spectrochimica Acta–Part A 137 (2015) 886–891.
12. S. Gunalan, R. Sivaraj, V. Rajendran, Green synthesized ZnO nanoparticles against bacterial and fungal pathogens, Prog. Nat. Sci. 22 (2012) 693–700.
13. S. Stankic, S. Suman, F. Haque, J. Vidic, Pure and multi metal oxide nanopar- ticles: synthesis, antibacterial and cytotoxic properties, J. Nanobiotechnol. 14 (2016) 73.
14. S.T. Khan, J. Musarrat, A .A . Al-Khedhairy, Countering drug resistance, infectious diseases, and sepsis using metal and metal oxides nanoparticles: Current sta- tus, Colloids Surf. B 146 (2016) 70–83.
15. F. Ghasemi, R. Jalal, Antimicrobial action of zinc oxide nanoparticles in combi- nation with ciprofloxacin and ceftazidime against multidrug-resistant Acineto- bacter baumannii, J. Global Antimicrob. Resist. 6 (2016) 118–122.
16. J. Fowsiya, G. Madhumitha, N.A. Al-Dhabi, M.V. Arasu, Photocatalytic degrada- tion of Congo red using Carissa edulis extract capped zinc oxide nanoparticles, J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 162 (2016) 395–401.
17. R.Dobrucka, J.Długaszewska, Biosynthesis and antibacterial activity of ZnO nanoparticles using Trifolium pratense flower extract, Saudi J. Biol. Sci. 23(2016)517–523.
18. V. Mishra, R. Sharma, Green synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles using fresh peels extract of Punica granatum and its antimicrobial activities, Spectrochim- ica Acta–Part A 143 (2015) 158–164.
19. Y. Xie, Y. He, P.L. Irwin, T. Jin, X. Shi, Antibacterial activity and mechanism of action of zinc oxide nanoparticles against Campylobacter jejuni, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 77 (2011) 2325–2331.
20. G.D. Venkatasubbu, R. Baskar, T. Anusuya, C.A. Seshan, R. Chelliah, Toxicity mechanism of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide nanoparticles against food pathogens, Colloids Surf. B 148 (2016) 600–606.
21. S. Raut , P.V Thorat , R. Thakre , Green synthesis of zinc oxide (ZnO) nanopar- ticles using Ocimum tenuiflorum leaves, Int. J. Sci. Res. 14 (2013) 2319–7064.
22. N. Bala, S. Saha, M. Chakraborty, M. Maiti, S. Das, R. Basu, P. Nandy, Green syn- thesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles using Hibiscus subdariffa leaf extract: effect of temperature on synthesis, anti-bacterial activity and anti-diabetic activity, RSC Adv. 5 (2015) 4993–5003.
23. S. Yedurkar, C. Maurya, P. Mahanwar, Biosynthesis of zinc oxide nanoparti- cles using Ixora coccinea leaf extract—a green approach, Open J. Synth. Theory Appl. 5 (2016) 1–14.
24. V. Femi , P.H. Prabha , P. Sudha , B. Devibala , A.L. Jerald , Anti bacterial effect of ZnO-Au nanocomposites, Int. J. Biotechnol. Eng. 1 (2011) 1–8