Lohith T N, Lalit Kumar, Ruchi Verma
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Lohith T N1, Lalit Kumar2, Ruchi Verma1*
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Madhav Nagar-576104, Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal academy of Higher Education, Madhav Nagar-576104, Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Schiff base derivatives have attracted great attention in medicinal and therapeutic importance. The present research article is an attempt to design novel acetylated schiff base derivatives through computational method as potent anti-inflammatory agents. Thirteen analogues were designed which were hybrid of acetyl group, heterocyclic group and Schiff base. The compounds showed acceptable ADME properties and drug likeness properties. Compound SR-12 showed the best dock score and SR-12 complex with protein was subjected to molecular dynamics studies. The complex was found to be stable throughout simulation time period. The present work gives an insight into the further modification of these molecules, synthesis and biological evaluation of these compounds for potent anti-inflammatory activity.
Cite this article:
Lohith T N, Lalit Kumar, Ruchi Verma. Design, Molecular Docking, ADME Analysis and Molecular Dynamics Studies of Novel Acetylated Schiff bases as COX-2 inhibitors. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(4):1899-1904. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00342.X
1. Silva CM, Silva DL, Modolo LV, Alves RB, Resende MA, Martins CVB, Fátima A. Schiff bases: A short review of their antimicrobial activities. Journal of Advanced Research. 2(1); 2011: 1-8.
2. Urviben YP, Ravi NP, Dhrubo JS, Badmanaban R. Structure activity relationship studies of synthesised schiff bases and mannich bases of substituted 5-Methyl-1, 2-Dihydro-3H-Pyrazol-3-One derivatives having variable electronegative atoms for antioxidant screening. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 3(2); 2011: 99-110.
3. Girija K, Jamuna B. Design and synthesis of some novel schiff’s base aryl imidazole derivatives, characterization, docking and study of their anti-microbial activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(4); 2015: 407-415.
4. Valli. G, Mareeswari P., Ramu K, Thanga TA. Analgesic, antipyretic, CNS and pass prediction Activities of 4-(4-hydroxy benzylidene amino) phenol schiff base. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 4(5); 2012: 192-196.
5. Alam MS, Choi JH, Lee DU. Synthesis of novel schiff base analogues of 4-amino-1, 5-dimethyl-2-phenylpyrazol-3-one and their evaluation for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 20 (13); 2012: 4103-4108.
6. Schrödinger Release 2017-4: Glide module version 77011, Schrödinger, LLC, New York, NY, 2017.
7. Prem SM, Ravichandiran V, Aanandhi MV. Design, Synthesis and in silico molecular docking study of N-carbamoyl-6-oxo-1-phenyl-1, 6-dihydropyridine-3-carboxamide derivatives as fibroblast growth factor 1 inhibitor. Research Journal of Pharmacy and technology. 10(8); 2017:2527-2534.
8. Habeela JN, Raja MKMM. In silico molecular docking studies on the chemical constituents of clerodendrum phlomidis for its cytotoxic potential against breast cancer markers. Research Journal of Pharmacy and technology. 11 (4); 1612-1618:2018.
9. Subramaniam S, Sangeetha. D. Identification of new inhibitor against Mycobacterium tuberculosis using structure based drug designing and docking Studies. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2017; 9(3): 173-176.
10. Kumar L, Verma R. Molecular docking based approach for the design of novel flavone analogues as inhibitor of beta-hydroxyacyl-ACP dehydratase HadAB complex. Research Journal of Pharmacy and technology. 10(8); 2439-2445.
11. Sastry, G.M., Adzhigirey, M., Day, T., Annabhimoju, R., Sherman, W. Protein and ligand preparation: Parameters, protocols, and influence on virtual screening enrichments. Journal of computer aided molecular design. 27(3), 2013: 221-234.
12. Friesner, R. A., Murphy, R. B., Repasky, M. P., Frye, L. L., Greenwood, J. R., Halgren, T. A., Sanschagrin, P. C., Mainz, D. T. Extra Precision Glide: Docking and Scoring Incorporating a Model of Hydrophobic Enclosure for Protein-Ligand Complexes. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 49, 2006: 6177–6196
13. Ruchi V, Indira B, Mradul T, Varadaraj BG· Gautham GS. In silico studies, synthesis and anticancer activity of novel diphenyl ether-based pyridine derivatives. Molecular diversity. 23; 2019: 541–554
14. Radhika C., Ajitha M. Molecular docking studies and ADMET predictions of pyrimidine coumarin scaffolds as potential IDO inhibitors. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 10(3); 2017:331-340.
15. Surakanti R, Eppakayala L, Ramchander M, Venkat RP. Synthesis and molecular docking for anti-inflammatory and anti-mitotic activities of (S)-(2-Methyl-4-(1-Phenyl-1h-Thieno/Furan [3, 2-C] Pyrazol-3-yl) Piperazin-1-yl)(Pyridin-2-yl) Methanone. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 10(4); 2017:582-586.
16. Lipinski, C.A., Lombardo, F., Dominy, B.W., Feeney, P.J. Experimental and computational approaches to estimate solubility and permeability in drug discovery and development settings. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 46(1-3), 1997: 3–26.
17. QikProp, Schrödinger, LLC, New York, NY, 2017.
18. Ruchi V, Helena IMB, Kriti A, Indira B., Mradul T, Varadral GB, Gautham GS. Synthesis, antitubercular evaluation, molecular docking and molecular dynamics studies of 4,6-disubstituted-2-oxo-dihydropyridine-3-carbonitriles. Journal of molecular structure.1197:2019:117-133.
19. Interoperability Desmond Molecular Dynamics System, D. E. Shaw Research, New York, NY, 2015. Maestro-Desmond Interoperability Tools, Schrödinger, New York, NY, 2015.
20. Hemalatha K, Chakkaravarthi V, Ganesa Murthy K, Kayatri R, Girija K. Molecular Properties and Docking Studies of Benzimidazole Derivatives as Potential Peptide Deformylase Inhibitors. Asian Journal of. Research in Chemistry. 7(7); 2014: 644-648.