Sowmya. M.V, Shaik Chandbee, Rahul Dev
Sowmya. M.V1, Shaik Chandbee2, Rahul Dev3
1Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedics, Saveetha College of Physiotherapy, SIMATS, Chennai, India.
2BPT, Saveetha College of Physiotherapy, SIMATS, Chennai, India.
3BPT Final Year, Saveetha College of Physiotherapy, SIMATS, Chennai, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
BACKGROUND: Osteoarthritis knee (OA) has been the most common complaint among men and women. The primary goal for Osteoarthritis (OA) therapy are pain relief and maintenance of joint integrity. OBJECTIVES: To determine the influence of closed kinematic chain exercise versus open kinematic chain exercise on Q-angle in subjects with knee osteoarthritis. METHODOLOGY: 20 subjects were selected from Saveetha College of Physiotherapy by inclusion and exclusion criteria. All these subjects understood the purpose of the study and inform constant was obtained prior to participation. Initially these 20 subjects have been given self assessment osteoarthritis knee. Each subjects have been taken Q-angle measurement by using goniometryand inch-tape. Followed by initial assessment subject with straight leg raises exercise and mini-squat exercise for 20 times twice daily. Post test was done after four week. RESULT From the statistical analysis it shows that the group-A is significantly higher than the group-B, in comparison to both group-A and group-B. CONCLUSION: From the result, the open kinematic chain exercise versus closed kinematic chain exercise on Q-angle in osteoarthritis knee, group-A straight leg raises exercise is more effective than group-B mini-squat exercise.
Cite this article:
Sowmya. M.V, Shaik Chandbee, Rahul Dev. Influence of closed Kinematic chain exercise versus open Kinematic Chain Exercise on Q-Angle in subjects with Osteoarthritis Knee. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(4):1813-1816. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00326.1
Sowmya. M.V, Shaik Chandbee, Rahul Dev. Influence of closed Kinematic chain exercise versus open Kinematic Chain Exercise on Q-Angle in subjects with Osteoarthritis Knee. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(4):1813-1816. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00326.1 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-4-36
1. Arzu Daskapan, Reeuwijk KG, de Rooij M, Van Dijk GM, Veenhof C, Steultjens MP, Dekker J. Osteoaritis of the hip or knee.
2. Linda L Currier et al (1986), Development of a clinical prediction rule to identify patients with knee pain clinical evidence of knee osteoarthritis who demonstrates a favorable short term response to hip mobilization.
3. Behzad Hedari et al (2004) knee OA, Prevalence risk factors, pathogenesis and features.
4. Cliborne AV, Wainner RS, Rhon DL, et al (2004) clinical hip tests and a functional squat test in patients with knee OA. Reliability, prevalence of positive test findings, and short term response to hip mobilization.
5. Mei-Hwajan, MS et al (2009) Effects of weight bearing versus non weight bearing exercise on function, walking speed, and positive sense in participants with knee OA. A randomized controlled trial.
6. Bennell KL, Hinman RS. The role of resistance training in the management of knee osteoarthritis. European musculoskeletal review.
7. Petrella RJ, Bartha C. home-based exercise therapy for older patients with knee osteoarthritis: a randomized clinical trial.
8. Roddy E, Zhang W, Doherty M, Arden NK, Barlow J, Birrell F, et al. evidence-based recommendations for the role of exercise in the management of osteoarthritis of the hip or knee-the MOVE consensus.
9. Wilson MG, Michet CJ Jr, Ilstrup DM, Melton LJ 3rd. Idiopathic symptomatic osteoarthritis of the hip and knee: a population-based incidence study. Mayo clin proc.
10. O’reilly SC, jones A, Muir KR, Doherty M. Quadriceps weakness in knee osteoarthritis: the Effect on Pain and Disability.
11. Stitik TP, Gazzillo G, Foye PM. Osteoarthritis and therapeutic exercise. Am J Lifestyle Med 2007; 1:360-6.
12. Witvrouw E, Danneels L, Van Tiggelen D, Willems TM, Cambier D. Open versus closed kinetic chain exercises in patellofemoral pain: a 5-years prospective randomized study. Am j sports med 2004; 32:1122-30.
13. Bakhtiary AH, Fatemi E. open versus closed kinetic chain exercises for patellar chondromalacia. Br J Sports Med 2008; 42:99-102.