Bhanu Biswas, Manish Kumar, Jai Bharti Sharma, Vipin Saini, Shailendra Bhatt
Bhanu Biswas1, Manish Kumar1, Jai Bharti Sharma1, Vipin Saini2, Shailendra Bhatt1*
1M.M. College of Pharmacy, Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University), Mullana, Ambala.
2Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
A new and simple technique of RP-HPLC was developed and validated for the estimation of Teneligliptin in the tablet dosage form. The partition or separation was accomplished on Kromasil C18 analytical column (150 mm × 4.6 mm, 5.0 µm) utilizing acetonitrile, water and trifluoroacetic acid as mobile phase A and acetonitrile and trifluoroacetic acid as mobile phase B at a flow rate of 1.0 ml/min. The detector used in the present study was UV detector and detection was detected at 245nm. The total chromatographic analysis time per sample was about 55.0 min with teneligliptin eluting at the retention time of about 11.2 minutes. The standard curve was found to be linear in the concentration range of 50-150µg/mL with R2 value of 0.999. The developed method was validated for different parameters like accuracy, precision, specificity and linearity. The developed RP-HPLC method was found to be simple, specific, rapid, reliable and reproducible.
Cite this article:
Bhanu Biswas, Manish Kumar, Jai Bharti Sharma, Vipin Saini, Shailendra Bhatt. Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Teneligliptin in Tablet Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(4):1774-1778. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00320.0
1. Nachiket D, Ganesh S and Jyoti V. Simultaneous Estimation, Validation and Force Degradation Study of Metformin Hydrochloride and Empagliflozin by RP HPLC Method. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2019: 11(2): 135-147.
2. Rahul G, Ganesh S. and Shraddha J. Simultaneous Estimation and Validation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin in Bulk Drug and Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2019: 11(1): 59-63.
3. Gandla S, Lalitha R, Mounika C, Soumya B and Sudheer K. A Validated RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Metformin and Canagliflozin in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2018: 8(2): 73-77.
4. Santosh J, Sanjay P, Virendra Y and Ashpak T. Zero Order and Area Under Curve Spectrophotometric methods for determination of Atenolol in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2015: 7(3): 185-189.
5. Anand C and Murli K. Evaluation and marker quantification of antidiabetic herbal tablets: Steve Tab and Andro Tab by HPLC method. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2013: 5(1): 17-21.’
6. Ashwini P, Sandeep S, Santosh C and Sanjay K. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of ezetimibe and glimepiride in a tablet dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2017: 7(3): 185-188.
7. Surendra K, Girish P, Pradeep G and Onkar S. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity. Targets and Therapy. 2016; 9: 251–260.
8. Manjusha K and Barhate V. Spectrophotometric Determination of an Anti-Diabetic Drug Teneligliptin Bulk And Pharmaceutical Formulations. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; 5(5): 1625-1632.
9. Chandana M, Prasad R, Samrajyam B and Naga P. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Teneligliptin In Pharmaceutical Dosage Form By RP-HPLC Method. Journal of Health Sciences and Nursing. 2017; 1(12): 1-12.
10. Atul T, Arjun R and Suresh G. HPLC and UV-Spectrophotometric Estimation of Teneligliptin from Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Medicinal Chemistry. 2016; 4(3): 148- 156.
11. Raja H, Babu C And Gowri D. Development And Validation Of LC-MS/MS Method For Quantification Of Teneligliptin In Human Plasma And Its Application To A Pharmacokinetic Study. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 5(5): 838-850.
12. Vishnu C, Kiran B, Sanjay C. Development And Validation Of UV Spectrophotometric Method And High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatographic (HPTLC) Method For Estimation Of Teneligliptin Hydrobromide In Pharmaceutical Preparation. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2017; 8(8): 291-301.
13. Amit M, Sonawane K, Dhokale, V. A Simple UV- Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Teneligliptin In Tablet Dosage Form; Indo American Journal Of Pharmaceutical Research. 2017; 6(4): 206-215.
14. Maladkar M, Sankar S and Kamat, K. Teneligliptin: Heralding Change In Type 2 Diabetes; Journal Of Diabetes Mellitus. 2016; 6: 113-131.
15. Kishimoto M. Teneligliptin: A DPP-4 Inhibitor for The Treatment Of Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Metabolism Syndrome Obvs. 2013; 6: 187–195.
16. Scott L. Teneligliptin: A Review In Type 2 Diabetes; Clini Drug Invest. 2015; 35(11): 765–772.
17. Anil M and Nandini P. Simultaneous Determination of Eight Phyoconstituents in Triphala churna by HPLC-DAD. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2011: 3(2): 62-66.
18. Sunitha N, Sujitha Y and Manohar S. Development and validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Ketorolac Tromethamine and Olopatadine Hydrochloride in pure and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2014: 6(1): 37-43.
19. Santanu G and BB Barik. Quantization of Aceclofenac in Pharmaceutical Formulations by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2010: 2(1): 52-55.
20. Sushil P, Sunil and C.D. Upasani, Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Empagliflozin. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2016: 6(4): 201-206.