K. Sudha Rameshwari, M. Abirami, R. Gloria Jemmi Christobel
K. Sudha Rameshwari*, M. Abirami, R. Gloria Jemmi Christobel
Department of Biochemistry (PG), V.V. Vanniaperumal College for women, Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2020
This study focuses on synthesis of silver nanoparticle (NP) from the combination of two plant extracts (Cardiospermum halicacabum (CH) and Butea monosperma (BM)) and their structural elucidation and antioxidant activity. The presence of the identified phytochemicals makes them elucidate structurally by UV, FTIR, SEM and XRD. The nano particle synthesized was confirmed by UV-Visible spectrum which gives a sharp band around at 430nm. The FTIR analysis of synthesized nanoparticles revealed prominent peaks at 1631.52 cm-1, 2147.12 cm-1 and 3370.56 cm-1 corresponds to N-H bending of primary amines. The absorption peaks obtained at 2146 cm-1 assigned to C=C stretching of alkynes. These observations indicate the presence of and binding of proteins with silver nanoparticles which can lead to their possible stabilization. SEM analysis shows that relatively spherical and uniform silver nanoparticles were formed with diameter of 11 to 13.81nm. XRD analysis shows particle size 5.2nm. Moreover CHBMCSNP exhibited optimum antioxidant activity. However, further investigations were needed to identify the scaling up of this extract on silver nanoparticles synthesis and its application on Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Cite this article:
K. Sudha Rameshwari, M. Abirami, R. Gloria Jemmi Christobel. Partial Characterization of green synthesized silver nanoparticles of Cardiospermum halicacabum and Butea monosperma aqueous extract combination (CHBMCSNP). Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):6218-6223. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01084.7
1. Mikulikova L, Popov P. Oxidative stress, metabolism of ethanol and alcohol-related diseases. J. Biomed. Sci 2001;8: 59–70.
2. Deshpade V, Jadhav M. Invitro anti arthritic activity of Abution indicum. J Pharma Res 2009; 2 (4): 644 - 45.
3. Venkat Rao, Chandra Prakash NK, Shanta Kumar SM. Pharmacological investigation of Cardiospermum halicacabum (linn) in different animal models of diarrhea. India J pharm. 2006; 38: 346-349.
4. Abirami M, Sudha Rameshwari K . Study on Plant Extract Mediated Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Combination of Cardiospermum Halicacabum and Butea Monosperma and Screening of Its Antibacterial Activity. International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Res. 2017; 9(5): 663-666.
5. Anandalakshmi K, Venugobal J, Ramasamy V. Characterization of silver nanoparticles by green synthesis method using Pedalium murex leaf extract and their antibacterial activity. Appl Nanosci. 2016; 6: 399
6. Aki M, Awwad Nida, Salem M. Green synthesis of silver nano particle synthesis by Mulberry leaves extract. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2012;2 (4): 125 - 128
7. Shyam Sundar J, Gloria Jemmi Christobel R, Kasi Selvi N, Abirami MP, Shila Samuel. Efficient green synthesis of silver nanoparticles from Caesalpinia bonducella seeds and its antibacterial and cytotoxic effects: An in vitro study, The Pharma Innovation. 2018. 7(11): 95-102
8. Vanmathi Selvi K, Sivakumar T. Isolation and characterization of silver nanoparticles from Fusarium oxysporum. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 2012;(1):56-62
9. Priya M, Selvan RK, Senthilkumar B, Satheeshkumar MK, Sanjeeviraja C. Synthesis and characterization of CdWO4 nanocrystals, Ceramics International. 2011; 37(7): 2485–2488.
10. Malarvizhi P, Sudharameshwari K, Salini R. Synthesis, Characterization and Their Antimicrobial, Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory Activity of Copper Nanoparticles from Pedalium murex Plant Extract. IJGHC. 2019;8(1): 180-191.
11. Triupathy A, Raichur AM, Chandrasekara, N, Prathna T, Mukherjee A. Process variables in biomimetic synthesis of silver nanoparticles by aqueous extract of Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaves. J. Nanopart. Res. 2010:12, 237–246.
12. Halliwell B and Gulteridge JMC. Free radicals in biology and medicine. Clardendon press, oxford, 1980. 23 -30.
13. Slater TF. Antioxidant vitamins and carotene in disease prevention. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 53: 189 S 396S.
14. Lahvale, Manish S, Mishra SH. Evaluation of free radical scavenging activity of Butea monosperma Lam. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 2007;45: 376.
15. Patil S, Rajiv P, Sivaraj R. An investigation of antioxidant and cytotoxic properties of green synthesized silver nanoparticles. IAJPS. 2015; 2 (10):1453-1459
16. Vishnu Mohan Reddy P, K. Venkata Ratnam, R. R. Venkata Raju. In vitro Antioxidant Properties of Alangium salvifolium Seed Extracts. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(10):4714-4718.
17. Alizadeh HA, Abbasi F, Laighat A .Evaluation of distribution uniformity and nitrate losses under furrow fustigation. J .Water soil. 2010; 51: 20 - 31