K Leela Bhaskar, D Sri Lakshmi, G Sumalatha, G Suji, K Anil Teja Kumar
K Leela Bhaskar, D Sri Lakshmi*, G Sumalatha, G Suji, K Anil Teja Kumar
Vikas Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Rajahmundry.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2020
An accurate, specific and precise UV spectrophotometric method was developed for the simultaneous determination of domperidone (DOM) and naproxen (NAP) in tablet dosage form. The optimum conditions for the analysis of the drug were established. The maximum wavelength (?max) was found to be 286nm for DOM and 270nm for NAP respectively. The linearity of the proposed method was found in the range of 10-50µg/ml and 5-25µg/ml for DOM and NAP respectively. Calibration curves showed a linear relationship between the absorbance and concentration. The line equation for DOM Y = 0.020X + 0.005 with r2 of 0.999 and for NAP Y = 0.022X + 0.003 with r2 of 0.999 was obtained. Validation was performed as per ICH guidelines for linearity, accuracy, precision, LOD and LOQ. The LOD and LOQ were found to be with in the range. The proposed method was simple, sensitive, precise, accurate, quick and useful for routine analysis of DOM and NAP in bulk and tablet dosage forms.
Cite this article:
K Leela Bhaskar, D Sri Lakshmi, G Sumalatha, G Suji, K Anil Teja Kumar. Q-Analysis and Simultaneous Equation method for Estimation of Domperidone and Naproxen by UV Spectrophotometry in bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):6050-6054. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01054.9
3. Sunil Singh, Surabhi Sharma, Ajit Kumar Yadav ,Hemendra Gautam, “Simultaneous estimation of Naproxen and Domperidone using uv spectrophotometry in tablet dosage form”, J. Bulletin of pharmaceutical research, 3(2),2013, 66-70.
4. Dokhe M D, Tarkase M K, Bhand S D, “Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Naproxen and Domperidone in Pure and Tablet Dosage Form”, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res, 31(1),2015, 72-74.
5. Md Shozan Mondal, “Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Domperidone and Naproxen in Tablet Dosage Form”, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 01 (07), 2011, 145-148.
6. R B Kakde,”Three-wavelengths Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Pantoprazole and Domperidone in Pharmaceutical Preparations”, International Journal of Pharm Tech Research, 01(2),2009, 386-389.
7. Patel A H, “Development and Validation of Derivative Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Domperidone and Rabeprazole Sodium in Bulk and Dosage Forms”, International Journal on Pharmaceutical and Biological Research, 1(1),2010, 1-5.
8. Mane Varsha, Balkrishna, “Method Development And Validation For The Simultaneous Determination Of Omeprazole And Domperidone In Solid Dosage Form By RP-HPLC”, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol 4(5),2012, 0975-1491.
9. Surekha, J Babar, “Development and validation of uv-spectrophotometric methods for simultaneous estimation of paracetamol and domperidone in bulk and tablet dosage form”, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4(4),2012, 206-209.
10. Audumbar Mali, Sujata Kolekar, Jija Franklin, “Simultaneous UV Spectrophotometric Methods for Estimation of Ranitidine and Domperidone in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form”, Asian journal of pharmaceutical research,6,2016, 2231-5683.
11. Ram S Sakhare, “Development And Validation Of Stability Indicating Assay Method For simultaneous Estimation Of Ilaprazole And Domperidone In Bulk And Solid Dosage Form By UV-Spectroscopy”, International Research Journal Of Pharmacy, 2016, 7 (9),2230-8407.
12. Adeeba Tarannum, S H Rizwan ,”Stability Indicating Method Development And Validation Of Simultaneous Estimation Of domperidone And Naproxen In Bulk And Tablet Dosage By RP-HPLC”, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 05 (11), 2018, 11719-11728
13. Afshanurooj, N Balaraju, “Development and validation of naproxen in bulk and tablet dosage form”, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7(5),2019,2321-3086.
14. Asha Patel, Sandip D Firke ,”Development and Validation of Uv-Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Naproxen and Paracetamol By Q-Absorbance Ratio Method” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Allied Sciences, 3, 2014,57-63.
15. Fereshteh Keyhanian, Nina Alizadehand Abdollah Fallah Shojaie “Spectrophotometric determination of Naproxen as ion-pair with bromophenol blue in bulk, pharmaceutical preparation and human serum samples”, Current Chemistry Letters 3 ,2014,15–22.