Ruban R, Manikandan K, Lakshmi K S
Ruban R, Manikandan K*, Lakshmi K S
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, SRM College of Pharmacy, SRM Institute of Science and Technology Kattankulathur–603203, Kanchipuram- District: Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2020
A sensitive and exact UV spectroscopic technique with a multilinear regression technique for assurance of Tamoxifen citrate in the drug dosage form is developed. This technique relies on linear regression equations by utilizing the interconnection between absorbance and concentration at 5 selected wavelengths. The technique is precise, linear and accurate in the range of 20-120µg/mL. The numerical analysis with the multilinear regression method was utilized. The information procured for the evaluation of Tamoxifen citrate in bulk drug dosage form evidenced the high-level accuracy and precision after the multivariate analytical technique. Subsequently, this technique is extremely valuable with uncomplicated mathematical contents and is more dependable than the other spectroscopic techniques then it suggests an application in calibration models for routine analysis. The developed and validated method is useful for quantification of Tamoxifen citrate in Bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. The validation Parameters were as per ICH Guidelines.
Cite this article:
Ruban R, Manikandan K, Lakshmi K S. Spectroscopic Estimation of Tamoxifen citrate using Multilinear Regression Analysis. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):6022-6026. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01050.1
1. Spectroscopy Rupali Sanjay Joshi, Nilima S. Pawar, Sameer Sarvesh Katiyar, Amol Trimbak Shinde, Devendra Bhaskar Zope. Effective Quantitation of Metronidazole in Injectable Pharmaceutical Dosage Form Using UV Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2012 Vol. 5 494–496.
2. M. Sumithra, P. Yuvanesh, Anamika Mistry Analytical method development and validation of ambroxol hydrochloride by UV spectroscopy and forced degradation study and detection of stability. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 9 (7): March 2016; Page 794-800.
3. C. Bijithra, G. Ragan, P. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Modafinil in Pure and Tablet Dosage Form by UV Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2016; 9(8): 1303-1308.
4. K.R Sreejith, P.L Rajagopal, K Premaletha. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Anostrozole in Pure and Tablet Dosage Form by UV Spectroscopy Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2017;157:1015-1019.
5. Louden, D., Handley, A., Taylor, S., Sinclair, I., Lenz, E., and Wilson, I. D. (2001). “High temperature reversed-phase HPLC using deuterium oxide as a mobile phase for the separation of model pharmaceuticals with multiple on-line spectroscopic analysis (UV, IR, 1H-NMR and MS).” Analyst (Cambridge, United Kingdom), 126(10), pp.1625–1629.
6. Nikhade, R. D., Thakur, A. D., Choudhari, S. B., and Chandewar, A. V. (2011). “Simultaneous estimation of paracetamol, thiocolchicoside and aceclofenac by UV spectrophotometer using multicomponent mode method.” Journal of Pharmacy Research, 4(7), pp.2297–2299.
7. Kirtawade, R., Salve, P., Seervi, C., Kulkarni, A., and Dhabale, P. (2010). “Simultaneous UV spectrophotometric method for estimation of Paracetamol and Nimesulide in tablet dosage form.” International Journal of Chem Tech Research, 2(2), pp.818–821.
8. Chhotaram Seervi, Rupali Kirtawade, Ganesh Katkar, Chandrakant Raut, Jagdish Bidada, Pandurang Dhabale. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method of Fluoxetine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010 Vol 3(3) 801-803.
9. D B Doshi, P A Bhatt Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Methods for the Estimation of Pravastatin Sodium in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2010 Vol 3(3) 869-871.
10. Sai Susmitha A, Kokilambigai KS, Lakshmi KS. Spectrophotometric quantification of Telmisartan employing multivariate calibration technique in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 12(4); 2019: 1799-1805.
11. PV Polawar, UD Shivhare, KP Bhusari, VB Mathur. Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method of Analysis for Fexofenadine HCl. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008 Vol-1; 539-540.
12. Guo, R., Qie, B., and Cao, F. (2008). “HPLC determination of four components in compound paracetamol and diphenhydramine hydrochloride tablets.” Yaowu Fenxi Zazhi, 28(1), pp.137–139.
13. Zhu, Y., Wang, R., and Yan, Z. (2012). “Determination of diphenhydramine hydrochloride in compound paracetamol and diphenhydramine hydrochloride tablets by high performance liquid chromatography.” Zhongguo Yaoye, 21(24), pp.51.
14. Hegazy, A. M., Loebenberg, R., Hassan, N. Y., Metwally, F. H., and Abdel-Kawy, M. (2013). “Studying the compatibility of a metoclopramide-HCl-paracetamol mixture via IHCMC and establishing a validated RP-HPLC method for its determination in tablets.” Analytical Methods, 5(15), pp.3714–3720.
15. Kalpana Vasanthan, R Vijayageetha, A Shantha Arcot Method Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Nateglinide in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2010 Vol 3 (3) 804-806.
16. P Venkata Suresh, GV Srujana, G Lavanya, KML Manoja, M Hadassah, B Srilekha, S Vasudha Lakshmi and N Rama Rao Development and Validation of Isocratic RP-HPLC Method for Raloxifene Hydrochloride in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation
17. J Valarmathy, L Samueljoshua, G Rathinavel, C Selvin Thanuja, T Sivakumar. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Assay of Levetiracetam in Tablet Dosage Form. 2008; 1 (4) 395-397
18. ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guideline: Complementary Guideline on Methodology dated 6 November 1996 incorporated in November 2005 Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology Q2(R1)
19. Mohammed M Hussain, Nappinai M. Development and Method Validation of an Unconventional In-Vitro Test To Measure Mucoadhesive Strength of Tablets. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2009 Vol 2 (2) 363-365.
20. B Srivastava, Uttam Singh Baghel, Pradeep Swarnkar and Shuchi Dave Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation and Validation of Metformin Hydrochloride and Glibenclamide in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2010. Vol 3 (1)
21. Mohan Kumar, Janhavi R Rao, Savita S Yadav, Sathiyanarayanan L, Vikas. Development and Validation of a Stability-Indicating HPTLC Method for Analysis of Bumetanide in the Bulk Drug and Tablet Dosage Form.. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2010 Vol 3(1) 239-243.
22. B Dhandapani, N Anjaneyulu, K Vinod Kumar, Shaik Harun Rasheed, M Ramakotaiah. HPTLC Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Rabeprazole Sodium and Itopride Hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010 Vol 3(2) 475-477.
23. British Pharmacopeia, 2016 Vol II, Pg.No. 1150,
24. The Merck Index 2013 15th Edn., USA: Merck and CO., Inc.,
25. US Pharmacopeia 2016 Vol II Pg. No: 4150- 4157
26. Indian Pharmacopeia Vol I, Pg., No. 250
27. Nebot, C., Falcon, R., Boyd, K. G., and Gibb, S. W. (2015). “Introduction of human pharmaceuticals from wastewater treatment plants into the aquatic environment: a rural perspective.” Environmental Science and Pollution Research International, 22(14), pp.10559–10568.
28. Aguirre-Martinez, G. V, Andre, C., Gagne, F., and Martin-Diaz, L. M. (2018). “The effects of human drugs in Corbicula fluminea. Assessment of neurotoxicity, inflammation, gametogenic activity, and energy status.” Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 148, pp.652–663.
29. Al Zyadi, A. K., Al Snafi, A. E., and Al Admawi, M. (2014). “Study the efficacy of anti-estrogenic drugs in the treatment of poly cystic ovary induced in female rats by estrogen valerate.” World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2(4), pp.4,313-316.
30. Thomas, K. V, and Hilton, M. J. (2004). “The occurrence of selected human pharmaceutical compounds in UK estuaries.” Marine Pollution Bulletin, 49(5–6), pp.436–444.