Socorrina Colaco, Ramesh. N, Ramakrishna Shabaraya
Socorrina Colaco1*, Ramesh. N2, Ramakrishna Shabaraya2
1Department of Pharmacology, GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, GITAM, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, Srinivas College of Pharmacy, Farengipete Post, Mangalore- 574143, Karnataka, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2020
The main objective of this research work was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics and the comparative oral bioavailability of newly developed Risedronate 35 mg test 1, test 2 and reference drug in 9 healthy male subjects under fed conditions. Single dose of either of the investigational products was administered orally in each period. A washout period of 7 days was provided between the following dosing days. The plasma concentrations of Risedronate were analyzed using a suitably validated LCMS/MS assay method. A calibration curve extending over the range 0.1974 ng/mL to 29.6121ng/mL with a LLOQ of 0.1974 ng/mL was used in subject sample analysis of Risedronate. Pharmacokinetic parameters Cmax, Tmax, AUC t, AUC inf, K el, T half were calculated for Risedronate. These pharmacokinetic parameters were calculated using the non-compartmental model of pharmacokinetic software. The two one-sided confidence intervals were calculated for the un-transformed and ln-transformed ratios of the pharmacokinetic parameters, Cmax, AUCt and AUCinf, for Bioequivalence of newly developed drug vs. Reference drug was equivalent in terms of rate of amount and absorption for Risedronate.
Cite this article:
Socorrina Colaco, Ramesh. N, Ramakrishna Shabaraya. Comparative Pharmacokinetic study of Risedronate 35 mg Healthy Male Subjects under Fed Conditions. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):5876-5880. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01024.0
1. Rxlist. Actonel: description, chemistry, ingredients, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and metabolism of risedronate. Available from www.rxlist.com/actonel-drug.htm Accessed May 21, 2013
2. World Medical Association. Declaration of Helsinki. Recommendations Guiding Physicians in Biomedical Research Involving Human Patients. Amended by the 52nd WMA General Assembly; Edinburgh, Scotland: 2000
3. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Expert Working Group. ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline. Guideline for Good Clinical Practice E6 (R1). Geneva: ICH; 1996
4. National Agency for Drug and Food Control. Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice. Jakarta 2001
5. Srinivasa Reddy, Nirmala Nayak, Imran Ahmed, Licto Thomas, Arindam Mukhopadhyay, Saral Thangam. Development and Validation of two LCMS/MS Methods for Simultaneous Estimation of Oseltamivir and its Metabolite in Human Plasma and Application in Bioequivalence Study. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(2): 91-101.
6. Kuchake VG, Patil PH, Mahajan HS, Ingle PV, Surana SJ, Thakare MM, S Sudharshini. Determination of Bioequivalence of Two Oral Formulations of Gatifloxacin Tablets in Healthy Male Volunteers Using Urinary Excretion Data. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2009; 1(2): 73-78.
7. Sanjay Walode, Shailendra Gurav, Avinash Kasture. LC-ESI-MS/MS method for Quantitation of Lovastatin in Rat Plasma and Liver Homogenate: Application to Pharmacokinetic Study. Asian J. Research Chem. 2014; 7(10): 870-876.
8. Prathyusha Vikram, Palani Shanmugasundaram. Determination of Riluzole in Human Plasma by Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography – Tandem Mass Spectrometry (UPLC – MS/MS) and its Application to a Pharmacokinetic Study. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(1): 193-199.
9. Chae JW, Seo JW, Mahat B et al. A simple pharmacokinetic model of alendronate developed using plasma concentration and urine excretion data from healthy men. Drug Dev Ind Pharm Jul 2013.
10. Japan National Institute of Health, Division of Drugs. Guideline for bioequivalence studies of generic drug products. 1997
11. World Health Organization. Draft revision: multisource (generic) pharmaceutical products: guidelines of registration requirements to establish interchangeability. 2005
12. FDA. Guidance for Industry: Bioanalytical Method Validation. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research; 2001
13. Hamid Khan, Mushir Ali, Alka Ahuja, Javed Ali. Validated UPLC/Q-TOF-MS Method for Simultaneous Determination of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone in Human Plasma and its Application to Pharmacokinetic Study. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(2): 93-99.
14. Mitchell DY, Eusebio RA, Dunlap LE, Pallone KA, Nesbitt JD, Russell DA, Clay ME, Bekker PJ. Risedronate gastrointestinal absorption is independent of site and rate of administration. Pharmaceutical Research. 1998; 15(2):228-32
15. Mitchell DY, St Peter JV, Eusebio RA, Pallone KA, Kelly SC, Russell DA, Nesbitt JD, Thompson GA, Powell JH. Effect of renal function on Risedronate pharmacokinetics after a single oral dose. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2000; 49(3):215-22.
16. Mitchell DY, Heise MA, Pallone KA, Clay ME, Nesbitt JD, Russell DA, Melson CW. The effect of dosing regimen on the pharmacokinetics of Risedronate. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 1999; 48(4):536-42.
17. Mitchell DY, Eusebio RA, Sacco-Gibson NA, Pallone KA, Kelly SC, Nesbitt JD, Brezovic CP, Thompson GA, Powell JH. Dose-proportional pharmacokinetics of Risedronate on single-dose oral administration to healthy volunteers. Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2000; 40(3):258-65.
18. Ritschel WA. Handbook of Basic Pharmacokinetics Drug Intelligence Hamilton: 1992; 1–588.
19. Dunn CJ, Goa KL Risedronate: a review of its pharmacological properties and clinical use in resorptive bone disease. Drugs. 2001; 61(5):685-712
20. Priyanka R. Patil, Rohan R. Vakhariya, C. S. Magdum. Solubility as well as Bioavailability Enhancement Techniques. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2019; 11(2):105-110.
21. Simanjuntak R, Setiawati E, Yunaidi DA, Handayani LR, Setiawati A, Utami BS, Rosa TA, Sholeh AB. Bioequivalence study of two Risedronate sodium film-coated tablet formulations in healthy volunteers. Drug Research.2014; 64(3):136-40]
22. Ogura Y, Gonsho A, Cyong JC, Orimo H. Clinical trial of Risedronate in Japanese volunteers: a study on the effects of timing of dosing on absorption. Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism 2004; 22(2):120-6.
23. Miller PD, Brown JP, Siris ES, Hoseyni MS, Axelrod DW, Bekker PJA randomized, double-blind comparison of Risedronate and etidronate in the treatment of Paget's disease of bone. Paget's Risedronate/Etidronate Study Group. The American Journal of Medicine. 1999; 106(5):513-20.
24. Nakamura T, Nakano T, Ito M, Hagino H, Hashimoto J, Tobinai M, Mizunuma H, MOVER Study Group. Clinical efficacy on fracture risk and safety of 0.5 mg or 1 mg/month intravenous Ibandronate versus 2.5 mg/day oral Risedronate in patients with primary osteoporosis. Calcified Tissue International. 2013; 93(2):137-46.
25. SR Shinde, S I Bhoir, NS Pawar, AM Bhagwat. Quantitation of Valsartan in Human Plasma by High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Fluorescence Detection and its Application to Bioequivalence Study. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2009; 2 (3): 487-490.
26. YK Naidu, Raghunadha Reddy S, Koteswara Rao Divi, MP Kalyan Reddy, I Sarath Chandiran, KN Jayaveera. Quantification of Levetiracetam in Human Plasma with Precipitation Extraction by Using Fully Validated LC-MS/MS and Its Application to a Bioequivalence Study. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010; 3 (3): 847-853.
27. Amol K Choulwar, Ashish A. Mungantiwar, Meena Chintamaneni. A comparative, Bioequivalence study to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetic profile of single dose Ivabradine 7.5mg Tablets in healthy, adult, human subjects under fasting condition. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2012; 5(5): 658-666.
28. Roula Faek Naddour, Nisrin Ali Kaddar. In Vitro Bioequivalence for three Products of Warfarin Sodium in Syrian Market. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(2):532-536