M. N. Amin, M. Hidayat, N. Permatasari, M. A. Choiron
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
M. N. Amin1,2*, M. Hidayat3, N. Permatasari4, M. A. Choiron5
1Doctoral Program of Medical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Brawijaya, Veteran Street, Malang, 65145, Indonesia.
2Dentistry Faculty of Jember University, Kalimantan street, No. 37, Jember, 68124, Indonesia.
3Orthopaedics and Traumalogy Department of Medical Faculty, Universitas Brawijaya – Saiful Anwar Hospital, Malang, 65145, Indonesia.
4Pharmachology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Brawijaya, Veteran Street, Malang, 65145, Indonesia.
5Mechanical Engineering Department, Engineering Faculty, Universitas Brawijaya, Veteran Street, Malang, 65145, Indonesia.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2020
Manipulation of alveolar bone remodeling process to accelerate tooth movement in the use of orthodontic appliances may be supported by natural ingredients, one of which is frangipani sap (Plumeria accuminata ait). The harvest of frangipani sap is completely influenced by the limited time to collect and the little amount of frangipani sap that may be taken. These difficulties cause the harvest of frangipani sap should be done gradually and must be stored first before harvest the next frangipani sap. This study aimed at determining the effect of storage duration on the quality of frangipani sap. The frangipani sap was examined by color intensity, pH and photometry tests using a wavelength of 450nm and 630nm to observe changes in the quality of frangipani sap. The results of the two test measurements were carried out in serial time and compared using statistical analysis. The results showed that both the pH and photometric tests showed changes in value over storage duration, of which the value on day 10 was not different statistically significant. Based on these results it is concluded that frangipani sap has good quality until the day 10 of storage.
Cite this article:
M. N. Amin, M. Hidayat, N. Permatasari, M. A. Choiron. The Differences Color Intensity, pH, Absorbance Value of Frangipani (Plumeria accuminata Ait) Sap During Storage. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):5871-5875. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01023.9
1. Krishnan V, Davidovitch Z. On A Path to Unfolding The Biological Mechanisms of Orthodontic Tooth Movement. Journal of Dental Research. 2009; 88: 597 – 608.
2. Proffit WR, Field,Jr. HW, Sarver DM. Contemporary Orthodontics. Mosby Inc and Elsevier Inc. St. Louis. 2007; Fourth Edition: pp. 340 – 343.
3. Meikle MC. The Tissue, Cellular and Molecular Regulation of Orthodontic Tooth Movement:100 Years After Carl Sandstedt. European J Orthod. 2006; 28: 221-240.
4. Alikhani M, Raptis M, Zoldan B, Sangsuwon C, Lee YB, Alyami B, Corpodian C, Barrerah LM, Alansari S, Khoo E, Teixeira C. Effect of Micro-osteoperforations on The Rate of Tooth Movement. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2013; 144: 639-48.
5. Andrade IJr, Sousa ABdS, da Silva GG. New therapeutic modalities to modulate orthodontic tooth movement. Dental Press J Orthod. 2014; 19(6): 123–133.
6. Wang Y, Wang X, Zhang L, Jin S, Zhang J. Effect of Traditional Chinese Medicine on Bone Remodeling During Orthodontic Tooth Movement. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2012; 141: 642-646.
7. Wangidjaja RG. The Frangipani Flower and Sap Extract as Antibacterial and Active Ingredients for Rabbit incisivus Tooth Movement. Dissertation. School of Postgraduate, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia, 2004.
8. Ali F, Situmeang E, Vinsensia O. The Effect of Coagulant Volume, Time Contact and Temperature on Latex Coagulan from Garcinia atroviridis Acid. (article in Indonesian). Jurnal Teknik Kimia. 2016; 1(22): 30-40.
9. Mello BC, Kakuda PM, Hubinger MD. Influence of pH variation during propolis extraction with the use of water as solvent. Dept. of Food Engineering, Faculty of Food Engineering, University of Campinas, Brazil, 2011.
10. Rismawati SN, Ismiyati. The Effect Of PH Variation On Flavonoid Level In Propolis Extraction and Its Characteristics As An Antimicrobial (article in Indonesian). KONVERSI. 2017; 6(2): 89-94,
11. Marzuki A, Suryanti V, Virgynia A. Spectroscopic Study of Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaves Extraction.IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 2017; (193) 012049
12. Ristianingsih Y, Nata IF, Anshori DS and Putra IPA. The Effect Of HCl and pH Concentration On Pextin Extraction From Albedo Durian and Its Applications In Tteh Rubber Testing Process. (article in Indonesian). Konversi. 2014; 1(3): 30 – 34.
13. Neldawati, Ratnawulan dan Gusnedi. The Analysis of Absorbance Value in Determining Flavonoid Levels for Various Types of Medicinal Plants Leaves (article in Indonesian). PILLAR OF PHYSIC. 2013; 2: 76-83.
14. Carbonaro M, Grant G. Absorption of Quercetin and Rutin in Rat Small Intestine. Annals Nutrition and Metabolism. 2005; 49:178-182.
15. Hamzah F, Hamzah FH. Papain Purification, Losion Product Development Skin Bleach And facial Cleaning Soap. (article in Indonesian). AGRIPLUS. 2010; 20 (03): 186 – 193.