Shrusti Rao, Varadaraj Bhat, Fajeelath Fathima, Santosh Kumar, Ruchi Verma
Shrusti Rao, Varadaraj Bhat, Fajeelath Fathima, Santosh Kumar, Ruchi Verma*
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Madhav Nagar-576104, Manipal, Udupi, Karanataka, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2020
An antifungal agent is a drug that eliminates fungal pathogens selectively from host with negligible toxicity to the host. Antifungal agents are classified into classes like antibiotics, antimetabolite, azole, and allyl amine. In this present work, the binding mode of novel designed triazole analogues with CYP51 has been investigated by flexible molecular docking. The molecular modeling, which gives the utilization of structural information of CYP51 can enhance the discovery of novel antifungal agents. Further in silico studies were performed in order to see their drug likeness properties and possible mode of interaction with target protein residue. Molecular docking of novel molecules was done by Schrodinger software using following steps like protein preparation, ligand preparation, grid generation, molecular docking. The protein PDB selected was 5V5Z. AZ3 analogue showed the best dock score. The docking value varied from -2.578 to-8.19 for the designed ligands. All the molecules showed good ADME properties and followed Lipinski rule of five. The designed molecules can serve as a lead for future antifungal drug discovery.
Cite this article:
Shrusti Rao, Varadaraj Bhat, Fajeelath Fathima, Santosh Kumar, Ruchi Verma. In-silico studies of Novel triazole derivatives as inhibitor of 14α demethylase CYP51. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):5806-5810. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01012.4
1. Samip S, Pasha TY, Dipti D, Anil B. Formulation development and evaluation of semisolid preparation of antifungal drug: Itraconazole. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. . 6(2); 2013:152-157.
2. Yogesh J, Rajeev V, Vrushali P, Bobade A.S., Athlekar S.V., Abhay C. Synthesis and Study of Some 1, 2, 4-Triazole derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 3 (4), 2010:1144-1147.
3. Dave RD, Vyasa BM, Daniel PS, Anand IS, Patel CN. A Review on Posaconazole: A Newer Antifungal. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 3 (3); 2010: 694-699.
4. Vipul S, Arvind KS, Rohit T, Preeti M, Roopes KM. 1, 2, 4- Triazole Derivatives and its pharmacological activities. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 6(5); 2013: 429-437.
5. Nachiket S.D, Ravindra BS, Ramesh S.K, Jain D.A.. Pharmacological and Synthetic Profile of 1, 2, 4-Triazoles. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 4(12); 2011:1807-1811.
6. Schrödinger Release 2017-4: Glide module version 77011, Schrödinger, LLC, New York, NY, 2017.
7. Prem SM, Ravichandiran V, Aanandhi MV. Design, Synthesis and in silico molecular docking study of N-carbamoyl-6-oxo-1-phenyl-1, 6-dihydropyridine-3-carboxamide derivatives as fibroblast growth factor 1 inhibitor. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 10(8); 2017:2527-2534.
8. Habeela JN, Raja MKMM. In silico molecular docking studies on the chemical constituents of clerodendrum phlomidis for its cytotoxic potential against breast cancer markers. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 11 (4); 1612-1618:2018.
9. Subramaniam S, Sangeetha. D. Identification of new inhibitor against Mycobacterium tuberculosis using structure based drug designing and docking Studies. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2017; 9(3): 173-176.
10. Kumar L, Verma R. Molecular docking based approach for the design of novel flavone analogues as inhibitor of beta-hydroxyacyl-ACP dehydratase HadAB complex. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 10(8); 2439-2445.
11. Sastry, G.M., Adzhigirey, M., Day, T., Annabhimoju, R., Sherman, W. Protein and ligand preparation: Parameters, protocols, and influence on virtual screening enrichments. Journal of Computer Aided Molecular Design. 27(3), 2013: 221-234.
12. Friesner, R. A., Murphy, R. B., Repasky, M. P., Frye, L. L., Greenwood, J. R., Halgren,T. A., Sanschagrin, P. C., Mainz, D. T. Extra Precision Glide: Docking and Scoring Incorporating a Model of Hydrophobic Enclosure for Protein-Ligand Complexes. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 49, 2006: 6177–6196
13. Ruchi V, Indira B, Mradul T, Varadaraj BG· Gautham GS. In silico studies, synthesis and anticancer activity of novel diphenyl ether-based pyridine derivatives. Molecular Diversity. 23; 2019: 541–554
14. Radhika C., Ajitha M. Molecular docking studies and ADMET predictions of pyrimidine coumarin scaffolds as potential IDO inhibitors. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 10(3); 2017:331-340.
15. Surakanti R, Eppakayala L, Ramchander M, Venkat RP. Synthesis and molecular docking for anti-inflammatory and anti-mitotic activities of (S)-(2-Methyl-4-(1-Phenyl-1h-Thieno/Furan [3, 2-C] Pyrazol-3-yl) Piperazin-1-yl)(Pyridin-2-yl) Methanone. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 10(4); 2017:582-586.
16. Lipinski, C.A., Lombardo, F., Dominy, B.W., Feeney, P.J. Experimental and computational approaches to estimate solubility and permeability in drug discovery and development settings. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 46(1-3), 1997: 3–26.
17. QikProp, Schrödinger, LLC, New York, NY, 2017.
18. Ruchi V, Helena IMB, Kriti A, Indira B., Mradul T, Varadral GB, Gautham GS. Synthesis, antitubercular evaluation, molecular docking and molecular dynamics studies of 4,6-disubstituted-2-oxo-dihydropyridine-3-carbonitriles. Journal of Molecular Structure.1197:2019:117-133.
19. Hemalatha K, Chakkaravarthi V, Ganesa Murthy K, Kayatri R, Girija K. Molecular Properties and Docking Studies of Benzimidazole Derivatives as Potential Peptide Deformylase Inhibitors. Asian Journal of. Research in Chemistry. 7(7); 2014: 644-648.