Priya. E, Nagasathya. A, Steffi. P. F, Thamilmaraiselvi. B
Priya. E1*, Nagasathya. A2, Steffi. P. F1, Thamilmaraiselvi. B1
1PG Department of Microbiology, Cauvery College for women (Autonomous), Annamalainagar, Trichy - 620018.
2Department of Zoology, Government Arts College for Women (A), Pudukkottai-622001.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 11,
Year - 2020
The Actinobacteriais isolated from salt panenvironment of Thondi, Ramanathapuram (Dt). Totally among 15 isolated actinobacteria only two were identified and selected for further uses. Morphological, biochemically, physiological and phylogenetic characterization of the selected Actinobacteria was done. Only 2 isolates of actinobacteria like Streptomyces matensis (JJCTSPA1) and Streptomyces chilikensis (JJCTSPA2) showed effective antibacterial activity against six human pathogens, (i.e) Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, serrtia sp., Pseudomonas sp., Vibrio cholera and Escherichia coli.16S rRNA and phylogenetic analysis were done for the selected actinobacteria and the sequences were submitted in the GenBank deposition.
Cite this article:
Priya. E, Nagasathya. A, Steffi. P. F, Thamilmaraiselvi. B. Characterization of Actinobacteria Isolated from Saltpan, Environment of Thondi, Ramanathapuram Dt. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5108-5114. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00894.X
Priya. E, Nagasathya. A, Steffi. P. F, Thamilmaraiselvi. B. Characterization of Actinobacteria Isolated from Saltpan, Environment of Thondi, Ramanathapuram Dt. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5108-5114. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00894.X Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-11-9
1. A. Hansen and D. Nielsen, "Actinobacteria, " in Handbook of Laboratory Animal Bacteriology, Second Edition, 2014.300 pages.
2. P. Manivasagan, J. Venkatesan, K. Sivakumar and S. K. Kim, Pharmaceutically active secondary metabolites of marine actinobacteria, 2014.169(4):262-78.
3. E. Ait Barka, P. Vatsa, L. Sanchez, N. Gaveau-Vaillant, C. Jacquard, H.-P. Klenk, C. Clément, Y. Ouhdouch and G. P. van Wezel, "Taxonomy, Physiology, and Natural Products of Actinobacteria, " Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, 2016. 80(1):1-43.
4. O. Bilyk and A. Luzhetskyy, "Metabolic engineering of natural product biosynthesis in actinobacteria" Current opinion in biotechnology.2016.42:98-107.
5. A. T. Bull and J. E. Stach, "Marine actinobacteria: new opportunities for natural product search and discovery"Trends Microbiol, 2007. 15(11):491-499.
6. V. M. Conn, A. R. Walker and C. M. M. Franco, " Endophytic Actinobacteria Induce Défense Pathways in Arabidopsis thaliana" Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions, 2008.21(2):208-18.
7. A. A. Elbendary, A. M. Hessain, M. D. El-Hariri, A. A. Seida, I. M. Moussa, A. S. Mubarak, S. A. Kabli, H. A. Hemeg and J. K. El Jakee, "Isolation of antimicrobial producing Actinobacteria from soil samples" Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 2018. 25(1):44-46.
8. B. Gao and R. S. Gupta, "Phylogenetic Framework and Molecular Signatures for the Main Clades of the Phylum Actinobacteria" Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, 2012.66 –112.
9. R. Ghai, C. M. Mizuno, A. Picazo, A. Camacho and F. Rodriguez-Valera, "Key roles for freshwater Actinobacteria revealed by deep metagenomic sequencing" Molecular Ecology, 2014.23(24):6073-90.
10. E. A. Gontang, S. P. Gaudencio, W. Fenical and P. R. Jensen, "Sequence-based analysis of secondary-metabolite biosynthesis in marine actinobacteria" Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2010.78(6).2487–2499.
11. L. A. Maldonado, J. E. Stach, W. Pathom-Aree, A. C. Ward, A. T. Bull and M. Goodfellow, "Diversity of cultivable actinobacteria in geographically widespread marine sediments" Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, 2005.87(1):11-8.
12. P. Manivasagan, J. Venkatesan, K. Sivakumar and S. K. Kim, "Marine actinobacterial metabolites: Current status and future perspectives" Microbiol Res 2013.168(6):311-332.
13. V. Miao and J. Davies, "Actinobacteria: The good, the bad, and the ugly" in Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, 2010.98(2):143-50.
14. F. Mohammadipanah and M. Dehhaghi, "Classification and taxonomy of actinobacteria" in Biology and Biotechnology of Actinobacteria, 2017.51-77.
15. N. F. Montalvo, N. M. Mohamed, J. J. Enticknap and R. T. Hill, "Novel actinobacteria from marine sponges" Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, 2005.
16. S. M. Neuenschwander, R. Ghai, J. Pernthaler and M. M. Salcher, "Microdiversification in genome-streamlined ubiquitous freshwater Actinobacteria" ISME Journal, 2018.12(1):185-198.
17. R. J. Newton, S. E. Jones, M. R. Helmus and K. D. McMahon, "Phylogenetic ecology of the freshwater Actinobacteria acI lineage" Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2007.73(22):7169-7176.
18. E. Rosenberg, E. F. DeLong, S. Lory, E. Stackebrandt and F. Thompson, "The prokaryotes: Actinobacteria" 2014. 201–238.
19. A. A. Visser, T. Nobre, C. R. Currie, D. K. Aanen and M. Poulsen, "Exploring the Potential for Actinobacteria as Defensive Symbionts in Fungus-Growing Termites" Microbial Ecology, 2012.63(4):975-85.
20. A. C. Ward and N. Bora, "Diversity and biogeography of marine actinobacteria" Curr Opin Microbiol, 2006. 9(3):279-86.
21. E. Priya, R. Thenmozhi, A. Nagasathya, N. Thajuddin and G. Muralitharan. "Diversity of Actinobacteria in Mangrove Ecosystem of Muthupet, India". International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, 2014.3(4), 13-17.
22. E. Priya, R. Thenmozhi, , A. Nagasathya, D. Praveen Kumar, N. Thajuddinand G. Muralitharan. "Antagonistic potential of Streptomyces flavomacrosporus GACMPT-57 against plant pathogens". Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology Research, 2014.4 (1):68-73.
23. B. Thamilmaraiselvi, P.F. Steffi. "Investigation of phytochemical constituents in Spirulina fusiformis for antibacterial activity". National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2018. 8(10).1491-1495.
24. N. Sathammai priya, B. Thamilmaraiselvi, P.F. Steffi, K. Sangeetha. "Investigation of phytochemical constituents in Azolla microphylla for antibacterial activity". National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2018.8(10).1500-1504.
25. Ishita Chakraborty, S.R Sathish Kumar, K.V. Bhaskara Rao. Exploration of alfa- amylase Inhibitor producing marine Actinobacteria and evaluation of its antioxidant and antimicrobial activities –In vitro study. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2013. 6(8). 889-893.
26. Anwesha Sarkar, Isha Abhyankar, Purbasha Saha, S.R. Sathish Kumar and K.V Bhaskara Rao. Antioxidant, haemolytic activity of L-glutaminase producing marine Actinobacteria isolated from salt pan soil of coastal Andhra Pradesh. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2014.7(5). 544-549.
27. J. Pitamber, P. Hitender, S. Pradeep, S.R Sathish Kumar, S. Veena, K.V. Bhaskara Rao. Production of L-Asparaginase by Marine Actinobacteria Isolated from the Rhizosphere of Mangrove Plants. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2014.7 (5). 526-530.
28. Yashika Chelvan, Thamil Chelvan, Angelin C Pushpam, R. Karthik, K. Ramalingam, M.C. Vanitha. Extraction and Purification of Antimicrobial Compounds from Marine Actinobacteria. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016. 9(4). 381-385.