Shmalko O. O., Pestun I.V., Vyshnevska L. I.
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Shmalko O. O.1, Pestun I.V.2, Vyshnevska L. I.3
1As. Professor of Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Medical, Bioorganical and Biological Chemistry Department, Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University St. Valentinivska, 4, Kharkiv, 61054, Ukraine.
2Professor of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management Department, National University of Pharmacy St. Valentinivska, 4, Kharkiv, 61054, Ukraine.
3Professor of Drug Technology Department, National University of Pharmacy St. Valentinivska, 4, Kharkiv, 61054, Ukraine.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 11,
Year - 2020
Background: The scientific prediction of the necessity to develop a new herbal medicine for the treatment of the bowel is based on the consumers’ need for affordable drugs with a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect that can be used for a long time with minimal addiction and side or undesirable effects. Aim and goals: The aim of our work is to provide marketing justification for the development of a new medicinal product based on medicinal herbal raw materials for the treatment of acute and chronic inflammatory bowel diseases in the capsule dosage form. Methodology: The methodology of the study is presented in the form of an algorithm containing the following steps: analysis of bowel diseases, etiology and symptomatology characteristics of the colitis, determination of common approaches to the treatment of acute and chronic colitis, formation of the groups of drugs list used in the treatment of colitis, marketing analysis of the State Register of Medicines of Ukraine , analysis of remedies on the basis of medicinal plant raw materials, highlighting the competitiveness components of new drugs. Results: The algorithm of marketing substantiation of the feasibility of development and introduction into production of a new medicinal product on a plant basis is developed, the components of competitiveness of a new medicinal product by groups are distinguished: pharmacotherapeutic, safety advantages, technological advantages, advantages of physical and economic accessibility. Conclusion: Given the increase in the number of patients with acute and chronic colitis, conducted a study of the symptoms and principles of therapy of these diseases, conducted marketing study of medications market of Ukraine, it is advisable to develop a new drug based on medicinal herbs of complex action, which would have an antiflatulence, anti-inflammatory, regenerative effects, convenient dosage form, affordable price, long-term use, meet the needs of doctors and consumers.
Cite this article:
Shmalko O. O., Pestun I.V., Vyshnevska L. I. Marketing substantiation of Introduction of a new Herbal medicine for the Treatment of Inflammatory bowel diseases into the Pharmaceutical market of Ukraine. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5431-5437. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00948.8
1. El-Abhar et al. Phytotherapy in diabetes: Review on potential mechanistic perspectives. World Journal of Diabetes. 2014; 5.2: 176.
2. Hosseini A et al. Pancreatic beta cell protection/regeneration with phytotherapy. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 51.1: 1-16.
3. Pagano E et al. Phytotherapy of benign prostatic hyperplasia. A minireview. Phytotherapy Research. 2014; 28.7: 949-955.
4. Aggarwal A et al. Urolithiasis: Phytotherapy as an adjunct therapy. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 2014; 53:103-111.
5. Salehi B et al. Nepeta species: From farm to food applications and phytotherapy. Trends in Food Science & Technology. 2018; 80: 104-122.
6. Governa P. et al. Phytotherapy in the Management of Diabetes: A review. Molecules. 2018, 23.1: 105.
7. Fürst R; Zündorf I. Evidence-based phytotherapy in Europe: where do we stand?. Planta Medica. 2015, 81.12/13: 962-967.
8. Kunjwani, AM Manikrao, Rajesh KS, Sable VP, NH Indurwade. Natural Gums as Matrix and Coating Material for Colon Specific Drug Delivery. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2009; 2 (4) : 705-709.
9. In 2017, Ukrainians spent 1 billion hryvnias on homeopathy Available from: URL: http://mariupol.medkontrol.pro/spectema/ za-2017-god-ukraincy-potratili-1-milliard-grn-na-gomeopatiyu.html. BBC research: the market for herbal products will be $ 35.4 billion by 2020. Available from: URL: http://pharma.net. ua/analytic/analysis/13920-obem-rynka-fitopreparatov-sostavit-354-mlrd-k-2020-g.
10. Stepanov YM. Digestive diseases and gastroenterological services to the population of Ukraine: achievements, problems and solution . Zdorov’ja Ukrai’ny. Gastroenterologiya. 2014; 3:10-11.
11. International classification of diseases. Available from: URL: https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/17-06-2018-who-releases-new-international-classification-of-diseases-(icd-11).
12. Ukrs Helth. It's all about health. Available from: URL: https://ukrshealth.ru/hvorobi-simptomi-likuvannja/shlunkovo-kishkovij-trakt/2035-simptomi-zagostrennja-kolitu-kishechnika. html.
13. Tripathi К, Feuerstein JD. New developments in ulcerative colitis: latest evidence on management, treatment, and maintenance. Drugs Context. 2019; 8. Available from: URL: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6490072/.
14. Unified clinical protocol of primary, secondary (specialized) tertiary (highly specialized) medical care inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine 11.02.2016 No 90). Available from: URL: http://mtd.dec.gov.ua/images/dodatki/2016_90_Krona/2016_90_YKPMD_Kron.pdf.
15. Zvyagintseva TD, Gridneva SV. Nonspecific ulcerative colitis: the current state of the problem. Zdorov'ya Ukrayiny`. 2015; 21/1. Available from: URL: http://health-ua.com/article/17897-nespetcificheskij-yazvennyj-kolit-sovremennoe-sostoyanie-problemy.
16. Sambukova TV et al. Prospects for the use of herbal remedies in modern pharmacology. Obzory po klinicheskoj farmakologii i lekarstvennoj terapii. 2017; 15. (2): 56–63.
17. Mnushko ZN, Trufan SB. Pharmacoeconomic evaluation of lipid-lowering drugs. Provisor. 2002; 21. Available from: URL: http://www.provisor.com.ua/archive/2002/N21/art_18.php.
18. Nemchenko AS, Balynska MV. Marketing research on the market for drugs for the complex treatment of acute intestinal infections of viral etiology in children. Socialna farmaciya V oxoroni zdorov'ya. 2017; 3 (2): 70-79.