Sudhir K Sadul, A. Perumal, T. Somanath, Kalaivani
Mr. Sudhir K Sadul1, Mr. A. Perumal2, Mr. T. Somanath3, Mrs. Kalaivani4
1Research Scholar (Chemistry), Vels University, Pallavaram, Chennai-600043, Tamil Nadu, India.
2Former Professor (Chemistry), Vels University, Pallavaram, Chennai-600043, Tamil Nadu, India.
3Professor (Chemistry), Vels University, Pallavaram, Chennai-600043, Tamil Nadu, India.
4Head of the Department (Chemistry), Vels University, Pallavaram, Chennai-600043, Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 11,
Year - 2020
A PXRD quantitative method is developed for the Quantitation of % Tacrolimus crystalline in Tacrolimus Extended Release capsules using PXRD. The PXRD conditions for the Slow scan method developed for the estimation of % Tacrolimus crystalline, with a radiation source of Copper Ka1 (? = 1.54060A°). The Angular range was 9.65 to 10.80° 2?, with the Voltage and Current set to 40kV and 40mA and a step size of 0.02° along with sample rotation of 15rpm. The scan type is Locked coupled, continuous with a high sensitive Lynxeye XET detector. The developed method was validated for Specificity, Sensitivity (LOD and LOQ), Linearity, Accuracy and Robustness. The PXRD method is Linear with a concentration range of 0.2% to 1.0% with correlation coefficient of 0.996. The recoveries ranged between 83% - 110% for 0.2%, 0.6% and 1.0% levels. The XRD Method was found to be specific, linear, sensitive, accurate and robust for the estimation of % Tacrolimus Crystalline in Tacrolimus Extended Release capsules 0.5mg, 1mg and 5mg.
Cite this article:
Sudhir K Sadul, A. Perumal, T. Somanath, Kalaivani. Development and Validation of Method for the Estimation of Tacrolimus Crystalline API in Tacrolimus Extended Release Capsules 0.5mg, 1mg and 5mg by Power X-ray diffractometer (PXRD). Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5375-5381. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00940.3
1. International conference on harmonization of technical requirements for registration of pharmaceuticals for human use, ICH harmonized tripartite guideline. Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology Q2(R1), step 4 (2005).
2. Chinese Pharmacopoeia, The Third Method in Appendix of 2005 edition.
3. FDA, Guidance for Industry: Impurities in Drug Product, Draft Guidance, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), 1998.
4. McCauley, Jerry (2004-05-19). "Long-Term Graft Survival In Kidney Transplant Recipients". Slide Set Series on Analyses of Immunosuppressive Therapies. Medscape. Retrieved 2006-06-06.
5. Naesens M, Kuypers DR, Sarwal M (February 2009). "Calcineurin inhibitor nephrotoxicity" (PDF). Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. 4 (2): 481–508. doi:10.2215/CJN.04800908. PMID 19218475.
6. Miwa Y, Isozaki T, Wakabayashi K, Odai T, Matsunawa M, Yajima N, Negishi M, Ide H, Kasama T, Adachi M, Hisayuki T, Takemura T (2008). "Tacrolimus-induced lung injury in a rheumatoid arthritis patient with interstitial pneumonitis". Modern Rheumatology.
7. Haberfeld, H, ed. (2015). Austria-Codex (in German). Vienna: Österreichischer Apothekerverlag. Prograf.
8. Dinnendahl, V; Fricke, U, eds. (2003). Arzneistoff-Profile (in German). 9 (18 ed.). Eschborn, Germany: Govi Pharmazeutischer Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7741-9846-3.