Kashid Lalasaheb M., Patil Sudhir V., Kolekar Govind B., Tamhankar Bhaskar V.
Kashid Lalasaheb M.1, Patil Sudhir V.2*, Kolekar Govind B.3, Tamhankar Bhaskar V.4
1Department of Chemistry, VP’s ASC College, Baramati.
2Department of Chemistry, E. S. Divekar College, Varvand.
3Department of Chemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
4Department of Chemistry, Willingdon College, Sangali.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 11,
Year - 2020
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) plays an important role in living processes as a precursor of coenzymes. A deficiency of riboflavin occurs only when the diet is very poor and lacks many nutrients. Nimesulide is a new non-steroidal anti-inflammatory analgesic drug has been available in India Several methodologies have been developed for the determination of riboflavin and nimesulide, but those methods have few disadvantages like long analysis time, consume a lot of reagents and expensive. Hence, to overcome these problems, the DPP technique was proposed in this study. The DPP method can be used for the quantitative analysis of riboflavin and nimesulide. The experimental conditions were optimised to obtain the best characterised peak in terms of peak height with analytical validation of the method. The present work reports a new DPP method for riboflavin and nimesulide assay. The method can be validated and applied for good results of riboflavin and nimesulide assay in pharmaceutical dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Kashid Lalasaheb M., Patil Sudhir V., Kolekar Govind B., Tamhankar Bhaskar V. Optimisation of Instrumental Conditions and Parameters by Differential Pulse Polarography for Determination of Riboflavin and Nimesulide from Pharmaceutical Samples. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5121-5126. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00896.3
1. Naina Bhoyar, Tapan Kumar Giri, Amit Alexander, Dulal Krishna Tripathi, Ajazuddin. Development of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Qualitative and Quantitative Estimation of Tolnaftate in Different Formulations. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 5(2) (2012) 207-209.
2. Dnyaneshwari D. Waichal, Vrushali S. Tambe. Development and Validation of Absorption Correction Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol and Nimesulide in Bulk and Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana.,8(1) (2018) 33-38.
3. Md. Ahsanul Haque, Mohammad Shahriar, Most. Nazma Parvin, S. M. Ashraful Islam. Validated RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Domperidone and Naproxen in Solid Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(3) (2011) 59-63.
4. S. Rawat, Akhilesh Gupta. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Nimesulide and Diclofenac Sodium in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(4) (2011) 85-87.
5. P.T. Kissinger, W.R. Heineman, Laboratory Techniques in Electroanalytical Chemistry, second ed., Dekker, New York, 1996.
6. Barek J., Fogg A.G., Merck A., Zima J., Polarography and voltammetry at mercury electrodes, Crit. Rev. Anal. Chem. 31 (2001) 291– 309.
7. Audumbar Mali, Seeta Mali, Ritesh Bathe, Manojkumar Patil, Ashpak Tamboli. Zero order and Area under Curve Spectrophotometric Methods for Determination of Riboflavin in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 6(1) (2016) 35-40.
8. G. Tulja Rani, D. Gowri Sankar, P. Kadgapathi, B. Satyanarayana. Development and Validation of RP- HPLC Method for Estimation of Drotaverine Hydrochloride and Nimesulide in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(1) (2011) 151-155.
9. M. Senthil Raja, Imran Khan, Perumal P.. Quantitative Analysis of Glycyrrhizic Acid in Crude Drug and its Herbal Formulation by HPLC. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(3) (2010) 703-706.
10. B.S. Virupaxappa, K.H. Shivaprasad, Raviraj M. Kulkarni, M.S. Latha. Kinetic Estimation of Ibuprofen and Nimesulide in Pharmaceuticals. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(4) (2011) 659-665.
11. Y. Padmavathi, Akari Anjali, Nayaka Raghavendra Babu, P Ravi Kumar. Development and validation of new FTIR method for quantitative analysis of gliclazide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Asian J. Research Chem.; 10(3) (2017) 377-382.
12. Lokesh Singh, Sanju Nanda. Validated Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Estimation of Nimesulide and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride in Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 3(2): April- June 2010; Page 562-565.
13. Abasq M.L., Courtel P., Burgot G., Determination of entacapone by differential pulse polarography in pharmaceutical formulation, Anal. Lett. 41 (2008) 56–62.
14. Altiokka G., Voltammetric determination of doxazosin in tablets using rotating platinum electrode, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 25 (2001) 387–391.
15. Abasq M.L., Courtel P., Burgot G., Determination of entacapone by differential pulse polarography in pharmaceutical formulation, Anal. Lett. 41 (2008) 56–62.
16. Ghoneim M.M., Mabrouk M.M., Hassanein A.M., Taw. K A., Polarographic behaviour of loratadine and its direct determination in pharmaceutical formulation and human plasma by cathodic adsorptive stripping voltammetry, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 25 (2001) 933–939.
17. Demircan S., Kir S., Ozkan S.A., Electroanalytical characterization of verapamil and its voltammetric determination in pharmaceuticals and human serum, Anal. Lett. 40 (2007) 1177–1195.
18. Uslu B., Ozkan S.A., Electroanalytical characteristics of piribedil and its differential pulse and square wave voltammetric determination in pharmaceuticals and human serum, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 31 (2003) 481– 489.
19. Jain R., Radhapyari K., Jadon N., Adsorptive stripping voltammetric behaviour and determination of anticholinergic agent oxybutynin chloride on a mercury electrode, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 314 (2007) 572–575.
20. Kashid L. M. and Patil S. V., Differential pulse polarographic method development and validation of riboflavin in pharmaceutical formulation, Int. J. Sci. Res., 5 (2015) 1.
21. Patil S. V. et. al, Electroanalytical Characterisation of Nimesulide by Differential Pulse Polarography: Application to Pharmaceutical Analysis, Int. J. Green & Herbal Chem. 7(4), (2018) 701-714.