The present work involves the synthesis and characterization of some transition elements complexes derived from 3-((6-aminopyrimidine-2-yl) diazenyl)-4-methoxy-6-methyl-2H-pyran-2-one as new azo dye ligand. The new ligand was synthesized by coupling the diazonium salt of 2,6-diaminopyrimidine with solution of 4-methoxy-6-methyl-2H-pyran-2-one in basic medium. The azo ligand was characterized on the basis of elemental analyses, MS, H NMR and FT-IR spectra. The chelation of the azo dye in ethanol solution with the chlorides and sulfates salts copper (II), nickel (II), cadmium (II) , zinc (II), vanadium (IV) and zirconium (IV) ions at certain pH range of (7.5-8.0) and mole ratio of ligand to metal ion (1:1) afforded colored complexes with [MLCl(H2O)2]Cl.2H2O formula, M=Cu (II) and Ni (II). However the vanadium (IV) and zirconium (IV) complexes were octahedral in [VOL (SO4)]. H2O and [ZrOL(Cl)]Cl.2H2O formulas respectively. As well as the tetrahedral environment was suggested for zinc (II) and cadmium (II) in [ML(Cl)] formula. The formation of copper (II) complex was studied at different pH and concentrations in certain wavelength of charge transfer band and it is found that the optimum conditions were keep to get high yield of the complexes.
Cite this article:
Refaa Burhan AL-Temimi. Preparation, Spectral and Biological Assessment of Copper (II), Nickel (II), Zinc (II), Cadmium (II), Vanadium (IV) and Zirconium (IV) complexes with Azo ligand Derived from 4-methoxy-6-methyl-2-H-Pyran-2-one. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4950-4956. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00868.9
Refaa Burhan AL-Temimi. Preparation, Spectral and Biological Assessment of Copper (II), Nickel (II), Zinc (II), Cadmium (II), Vanadium (IV) and Zirconium (IV) complexes with Azo ligand Derived from 4-methoxy-6-methyl-2-H-Pyran-2-one. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4950-4956. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00868.9 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-10-71
1. Asniza, M., Issam, A. M., and Khalil, H. A., 2011 Synthesis and characterization of a new heterocyclic azo pigment. Sains Malaysiana, 40(7), 765-770.
2. Ibrahim, D. M. Jumal, F. W. Harm, 2014, Complexes of Cu (II), Co (II), Ni (II), Mn (II) and Zn (II) with 6-hydroxy-4methyl-5-phenyl azo coumarin, Int.Chem.Environm.Eng.5(6),373-376.
3. Al-jibouri, M.N.,2014, Synthesis and characterization of transition metal complexes with Azop ligand derived from 4-hydroxy-6-methyl-2-pyranone, Europ. Chem. Bull. 3(5),447-451.
4. Abdallah, S. M.,2012, Metal complexes of azo compounds derived from 4-acetamidophenol and substituted aniline. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 5(2), 251-256.
5. Hafeez, A. Feroza, H. Muhammad, H. Sayed, A. Sadia, A. and Wadood, A. 2012, Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization and antibacterial activities of three Schiff based derived from dehydroacetic acid, Turkish J. Biochem., 37(4),386-391.
6. Mahmoud, W. H., Omar, M. M., and Sayed, F. N.,2016, Synthesis, spectral characterization, thermal, anticancer and antimicrobial studies of bidentate azo dye metal complexes. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 124(2), 1071-1089.
7. C. Isac Sobana Raj, C.M. Sofia, M. Antilin Princela. Synthesis and Characterization of Bioactive Transition Metal Complexes from Cardanol. Asian J. Research Chem. 7(8): August 2014; Page 711-716.
8. Zhao, X., Geng, J., Qian, H., and Huang,W., 2017,pH-induced azo-keto and azo-enol tautomerism for 6-(3-methoxypropylamino) pyridin-2-one based thiophene azo dyes. Dyes and Pigments, 147, 318-326.
9. Abbas, A. Hammadani, Majed, A. Balkhif, A. and Shayma, S.,2015, J. Chillean Chem.Scoc.60(1) ,2774-2785.
10. Lee, C., Yang, W., and Parr, R.G.,1988, Development of the Colle-Salvetti correlation-energy formula into a functional of the electron density, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter, 37, 785–789.
11. Badawy, M.A., Mohamed, G.G., Omar, M.M., Nassar, M.M., and Kamel, A.B.,2010, Synthesis, spectroscopic and thermal characterization of quinoxaline metal complexes, Eur. J. Chem., 1(4), 282–288.
12. Geary, W.J.,1971, The use of conductivity measurements in organic solvents for the characterization of coordination compounds, Coord. Chem. Rev., 7(1), 81–122.
13. Abdallah, S. M.,2012, Metal complexes of azo compounds derived from 4-acetamidophenol and substituted aniline, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 5(2), 251-256.
14. Pawar, A. B., More, S. P., andAdivarekar, R. V.,2018, Dyeing of Polyester and Nylon with Semi-synthetic Azo Dye by Chemical Modification of Natural Source Areca Nut. Natural products and bioprospecting, 8(1), 23-29.
15. Nagham Mahmood Aljamali, Khdeeja Jabbar Ali, Nuha Salman Salih, Sajida Hadi Ridha. Synthesis, Characterization and Study of Chromatography Behavior of Novel (Azo–Anil)-Heterocyclic Compounds. Asian J. Research Chem. 7(8): August 2014; Page 702-710.
16. Pratap Kumar Patra, Ch. Niranjan Patra, Subasini Pattnaik. Antifungal and Anthelmintic Activity of Some Novel Pyrazole Derivative. Asian J. Research Chem 7(1): January 2014; Page 92-98.
17. Roshan T. Lad, V. D. Barhate. Development of extractive spectrophotometric determination of Cobalt (II) using [N-(o– Methoxy benzaldehyde)-2–aminophenol] (NOMBAP) as an analytical reagent. Asian J. Research Chem. 7(3): March 2014; Page 300-303.
18. Purushothaman V, Madhumathi R, Sakthiselvan P. Removal of Nickel (II) and Zinc (II) present in the Electroplating Industry Wastewater by Bioaccumulation Method. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(4): 1495-1503.
19. S. Ramachandran, M. Vijey Aanandhi, M. Tamilselvam, V. Sursha, K. T. Vigneshwara. Synthesis, Characterization, Antimicrobial Evaluation of 2-Amino pyrimidine Schiff base derivative. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(4):1907-1909.
20. Sutton, D.,1968, Electronic Spectra of Transition Metal Complexes "Mc.Graw Hill, New York.
21. Jogi, P. S., Meshram, J., Sheikh, J., andHadda, T. B.,2013, Synthesis, biopharmaceutical characterization, and antimicrobial study of novel azo dyes of 7-hydroxy-4-methylcoumarin. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 22(9), 4202-4210.
22. Green Wood and N. N.Earnshow, A., 1968,Chemistry of the Elements, Ed. J. Wiley , Sons. Inc. New York, 1998.
23. Gary Missler and A.Donald, "Inorganic chemistry", 2nd Ed., Prentice –Hall-Inc.,(1999).
24. Cotton, F.A., Wilkinson, G., Murillo, C.A., and Bochmann, M., 1999, Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, 6thEd., John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, USA.
25. El-Ghamaz, N. A., El-Sonbati, A. Z., Diab, M. A., El-Bindary, A. A., Mohamed, G. G., and Morgan, S. M.,2015, Correlation between ionic radii of metal azodye complexes and electrical conductivity. SpectrochimicaActa Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 147, 200-211.
26. Al-Adilee, K. J., and Shaimaa, A.,2017, Synthesis and spectral Properties studies of novel Hetro Cyclic Mono Azo dye derived from Thiazole and Pyridine with Some Transition Complexes. Oriental j. chem.,33(4), 1-14.