Prabhat Dessai, Pankaj Kapupara
Prabhat Dessai1,2, Dr. Pankaj Kapupara3
1Dnyanprassarak Mandal’s College and Research Centre, Assagao Bardez Goa.
2Research Scholar, R.K. University, Bhavnagar Highway, Kasturbadham, Rajkot – 360020, Dist-Rajkot (Gujarat).
3School of Pharmacy, R.K. University, Bhavnagar Highway, Kasturbadham, Rajkot – 360020, Dist-Rajkot (Gujarat).
Volume - 13,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2020
An efficient, simple and robust stability indicating RP-HPLC method has been developed and validated for the estimation of Lamivudine and Zidovudine as per ICH guidelines in pharmaceutical dosage form. Elution was carried out in an gradient mode on reverse phase C18 (Gemini 250x4.6mm 5µ) column using mobile phase as Acetonitrile and 1% Acetic acid in water at 0.6mL/min flow rate, 20µL/mi injection volume, 25oC column temperature and 279nm as detection wavelength. The stability indicating capability of the method was analysed by degrading the samples in stress conditions. A good linear response for Lamivudine and Zidovudine was obtained in the range from 50-100000ng/mL and 100-200000ng/mL respectively. The LOD and LOQ found to be for Lamivudine were 2.20ng/mL and 6.66ng/mL and that for Zidovudine was 4.86ng/mL and 4.86ng/mL. Rugged and robust in different testing criteria, the method was quantitatively evaluated in terms of accuracy (recovery), linearity, precision, selectivity in accordance with standard guidelines. The method is sensitive, suitable and conductive for analysing Lamivudine and Zidovudine in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Prabhat Dessai, Pankaj Kapupara. Development of Stability indicating RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Lamivudine and Zidovudine in Combined dosage form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4909-4915. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00863.X
1. K. P. R. Chowdary, Prathyusha Ravi: Recent Research on HPLC Methods of Analysis of Lamivudine and Zidovudine: A Review; Journal of Global Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014, 5(3):1869-1873.
2. Nandini Pai, A. D. Desai: Simultaneous Reverse Phase HPLC estimation of some antiretroviral drugs from tablets: Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2007, 69(1):118-120.
3. Som Shankar Dubey, Mahesh Duggirala: Stability Indicating Method Development and Validation of Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapine by Using HPLC; Der Pharma Chemica, 2017, 9(3):16-26
4. Santosh Kumar M, Venkateshwar Rao Jupally: Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Determination of Lamivudine and Zidovudine in Combined Dosage form; Indo American Journal of Pharm Research, 2014, 4(3):1289-1297.
5. M. Sravani, K. Haritha Pavani: Analytical Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Determination of Lamivudine and Zidovudine in tablet dosage form using HPLC; International Journal of Pharmacy and Analytical Research, 2013, 2(3):114-120.
6. B. Venkateswara Rao, S. Vidyadhara, B. Praveen Kumar, V. Lakshami Annapurna, N. Sai Prudhvi: A Novel Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for The Determination of Lamivudine and Zidovudine in Bulk And Pharmaceutical Formulations; Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2015, 5(3):1118-1126.
7. Yadavalli Rekha, Yellina Haribabu, Sheeja Velayudhankutty, Sosamma Cicy Eapen, Mary: Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Efavirenz, Lamivudine and Zidovudine through Stability indicating RP-HPLC Method; Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013, 2(4):10-18.
8. S.V. Saibaba, P. Shanmuga Pandiyan: Development and Validation of a Stability indicating HPLC method for the determination of Lamivudine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form; International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research, 2016, 7(12):471-476.
9. B. Mohammed Ishaq, K. Vanitha Prakash, G. Krishna Mohan: Validated RP-HPLC-PDA Method for Simultaneous determination of Zidovudine, Lamivudine and Nevirapine in pharmaceutical formulations; Drug Development and Therapeutics, 2015, 6(1):27-32.
10. B. Rajkumar, T. Bhavya, S. Kulsum, A. Ashok Kumar: RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the simultaneous Quantitative estimation of Efavirenz, Lamivudine and Zidovudine in tablets; International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014, 6(2):87-92.
11. Shaik Karishma, Shankar Subramaniam, Meenakshi Sundaram Muthuraman, Arvind Sivasubramanian: RP-HPLC Analytical Method Development and Validation for Lamivudine and Zidovudine in Pharmaceutical Dosage forms; International Journal of Pharm Tech Research, 2013, 5(3):1321-1331.
12. Vikramjit Singh, Nawazish Alam, Monika Sharma, Md. Sarfaraz Alam , Md. Sajid Ali, Md. Intakhab Alam: Development, Evaluation and Stability Studies of Zidovudine and Lamivudine (ZILA) Tablet Dosage Form; Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 2012, 2(9):149-154.
13. Sufiyan Ahmad, Md. Rageeb Md. Usman, Mohammad Imran, Rashid Akhtar: Analytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of lamivudine and zidovudine by reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography in bulk and tablet dosage forms; Journal of Advanced Pharmacy Education and Research, 2017, 7(2):66-71.
14. A. Savaser, S. Goraler, A. Tasoz, B. Uslu, H. Lingeman, S. A. Ozkan: Determination of Abacavir, Lamivudine and Zidovudine in Pharmaceutical Tablets, Human Serum and in Drug Dissolution Studies by HPLC: Chromatographia, 2007, 5(6):259-265.
15. Kumar, D., Naveen Babu, M. V., Seshagiri Rao, J. V. L. N., Jajathirtha Rao, V.: Simultaneous determination of lamivudine, zidovudine and nevirapine in tablet dosage forms by RP-HPLC method; RASAYAN. J. Chem., 2010, 3(1): 94-99.
16. J. Nijamdeen, B. Jayalakshmi, N. Senthilkumar, Vijayamirtharaj and C. Saravanan: A method development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of lamivudine and zidovudine; J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2010, 2(3): 92-96.
17. J. Priyanka and P. Anil Kumar.: A method development and validation of analytical method for simultaneous estimation of lamivudine and zidovudine in API and pharmaceutical dosage form using RP-HPLC; Int J Pharm., 2013; 3(4): 853-858.