Barath M., Chandan R. S., Maruthi R., N. Paramakrishnan
Barath M.1, Chandan R. S.*, Maruthi R., N. Paramakrishnan
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysuru, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysuru- Karnataka, India 570015.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2020
In the current work, a simple and extraction free UV spectrophotometric technique was developed and validated for the estimation of ETR as per ICH guidelines. ETR approach has been created using the pure drug. The drug demonstrates effective absorption in the Concentration Range of 1-5µg/ml at 311nm and linearity. The technique relay on the response of the drug with MeOH to get the colourless solution. Absorbance was measured at its absorption maximum (? max) 311nm. Beer's regulation has been obeyed in the concentration vary of 1-5µg/ml. The calibration graph was determined to be linear, and the Coefficient of correlation (r2) was found to be 0.9956%. The recommended method's analytical activity parameters LOD and LOQ were calculated respectively as 1.91 and 2.67µg/mL. Recovery for ETR was discovered to be 100.71 percent. To optimize the response situation, all variables had been examined.
Cite this article:
Barath M., Chandan R. S., Maruthi R., N. Paramakrishnan. Analytical method development and validation of Etravirine by UV Spectroscopy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4707-4710. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00828.8
3. https://www.biocompare.com/Product-Reviews/40948-UV-1700 Spectrophotometer-From-Shimadzu/
5. Murali D., Venkatrao SV, Rambabu C. Spectrophotometric Determination of Etravirine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulations. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2014 Jan 17;5(02):77.
6. Babu AB, Ramu G, Rao SV, Neeharika T, Rambabu C. Spectrophotometric determination of antiretroviral drug stavudine in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations. Rasayan Journal of Chemistry. 2011;4(2):336-42.
7. Ramesh K, Shekar BC, Khadgapathi P, Bhikshapathi DV, Gourav N. Enhancement of Solubility and Bioavailability of Etravirine Solid Dispersions by Solvent Evaporation Technique with Novel Carriers. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 2015;10(4):30-41.
8. Reddish CV, Devi PR, Mukkanti K, Katari S. Estimation of Etravirine by UV-Visible Spectrophotometric Method in Tablet Dosage Forms and It's in Vitro Dissolution Assessment. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. 2012;3(3):287-95.
9. Vijay Amirthraj R. Development and Validation of UV-Spectrophotometric for the Estimation of Entecavir in Tablet Dosage Form. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2011;4(4):1145-46.
10. Malipatil SM, Bharath SA, Dipali M. Validated UV-spectrophotometric estimation of entecavir in bulk and formulation RGUHS. J Pharm Sci. 2011;1:111-6.
11. SK M, Gottumukkala A. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric methods for estimation of rilpivirine in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2014 Feb 1;5(2): 483.