Molecular docking is a well-established computational technique which predicts the interaction energy between two molecules and used for understanding drug-receptor interaction. In the present study eight Pyrazoline derivatives containing substituted Pyrazole moiety (1a-8a) were synthesized. Structures of the newly synthesized compounds were characterized by spectral studies (UV, IR, and NMR). Compounds were screened for their antibacterial activity. 4a Compound was found to be potent antimicrobial activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa compared to the standard drug Ciprofloxacin and other test compounds. All the compounds were subjected to molecular docking studies using PATCHDOCK software for the inhibition the activity of serval types of bacterial (Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumonia, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas putida). The in silico molecular docking study results showed that, all the synthesized compounds having minimum binding energy and have good affinity toward the active pocket, thus, they may be considered as good inhibitor of bacterial activity.
Cite this article:
Moqbel Ali Moqbel Redhwan, Gitima Deka, Melvin Mariyam Varghese. Synthesis and Molecular docking studies of some new Pyrazoline derivatives for Antimicrobial properties. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4629-4634. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00815.X
Moqbel Ali Moqbel Redhwan, Gitima Deka, Melvin Mariyam Varghese. Synthesis and Molecular docking studies of some new Pyrazoline derivatives for Antimicrobial properties. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4629-4634. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00815.X Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-10-18
1. Lengauer T, Rarey M, Computational methods for biomolecular docking. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 1996, 6(3): 402-6.
2. Kitchen B, Decornez H, Furr R, Bajorath J, Docking and scoring in virtual screening for drug discovery: methods and applications. Drug Discov. 2004: 3(11): 935-49.
3. Thomas L, Gilcrist, ”synthesis of aromatic heterocycles” J chem soc, 2001:1:2491-515.
4. Kumar A, Archanavats, Himanshu, Sanjoy, Sing K., Sharma K, synthetic and structural studies on novel N-phenylpyrazoly coumarins” Ind.J.chem, 2002:41B:360-7.
5. Rajandranath, Shankar k, ”sunstituted pyrazolines and their cardiovascular activity” Ind J.chem 2002:41B:1310-3.
6. Azarifar D, Ghasemnejad H. Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of Some 3, 5-Arylated 2-Pyrazolines. Molecules. 2003; 8(8):642-648.
7. Archana A, Srivastava V, Chandra R, Kumar A. Synthesis of Potential Quinazolinonyl Pyrazolines and Quinazolinyl Isoxazolines as Anticonvulsant Agents. ChemInform. 2003; 34(9).
8. Rana K, Kaur B, Kumar B. Synthesis and Antihypertensive Activity of Some Dihydropyrimidines. ChemInform. Indian J. Chem 2004; 35(45).
9. Padmaja A, Payani T, Reddy G, Padmavathi V. Synthesis, antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of substituted pyrazoles, isoxazoles, pyrimidine and thioxopyrimidine derivatives. Eur J Med Chem. 2009; 44(11):4557-66.
10. Farag A, Darwish E, Atia K. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Evaluation of Some Isoxazole Based Heterocycles. heterocycles. 2014; 89(6):1393.
11. C.S Andotra, Jatinder, Khejuria, G.B singh and surjeet singh., 1993, ”synthyesis and bkological activity of substituted pyrazolines and pyrimidines”.J.Indian.chem., soc., 70:266-267.
12. Abunada N, Hassaneen H, Kandile N, Miqdad O. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Some New Pyrazole, Fused Pyrazolo[3, 4-d]-pyrimidine and Pyrazolo[4, 3-e][1, 2, 4]- triazolo[1, 5-c]pyrimidine Derivatives. Molecules. 2008; 13(7):1501-17.
13. Saad H, Osman N, Moustafa A. Synthesis and Analgesic Activity of Some New Pyrazoles and Triazoles Bearing a 6, 8-Dibromo-2-methylquinazoline Moiety. Molecules. 2011; 16(12):10187-201.
14. Bekhit A, Ashour H, Abdel Ghany Y, Bekhit A, Baraka A. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some thiazolyl and thiadiazolyl derivatives of 1H-pyrazole as anti-inflammatory antimicrobial agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2008; 43(3):456-63.
15. Shinkai H, Onogi S, Tanaka M, Shibata T, Iwao M, Wakitani K et al. Isoxazolidine-3, 5-dione and Noncyclic 1, 3-Dicarbonyl Compounds as Hypoglycemic Agents. J Med Chem. 1998; 41(11):1927-33.
16. Karakurt A, Özalp M, Işık Ş, Stables J, Dalkara S. Synthesis, anticonvulsant and antimicrobial activities of some new 2-acetylnaphthalene derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010; 18(8):2902-11.
17. Galkina I, Tudriy E, Bakhtiyarova Y, Usupova L, Shulaeva M, Pozdeev O et al. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Bis-4, 6-sulfonamidated 5, 7-Dinitrobenzofuroxans. 2019.
18. Nossier E, Fahmy H, Khalifa N, El-Eraky W, Baset M. Design and Synthesis of Novel Pyrazole-Substituted Different Nitrogenous Heterocyclic Ring Systems as Potential Anti-Inflammatory Agents. Molecules. 2017; 22(4):512.
19. Lasker K, Phillips J, Russel D, Velázquez-Muriel J, Schneidman-Duhovny D, Tjioe E et al. Integrative Structure Modeling of Macromolecular Assemblies from Proteomics Data. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010; 9(8):1689-702.
20. Schneidman D, Inbar Y, Nussinov R, Wolfson H. Patch Dock and Symm Dock: servers for rigid and symmetric docking. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005; 33:363-7.