Arulmozhi R, Kannahi M.
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Arulmozhi R*, Kannahi M.
PG and Research Department of Microbiology, Sengamala Thayaar Educational Trust Women’s College, Affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Sundarakkottai, Mannargudi-614001, Thiruvarur (Dt), Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2020
The effect of Rhizobium treatment on morphometric analyzed in soaked with Vigna mungo seeds recorded the root and shoot length, leaf area, fresh weight and dry weight respectively on 7th and 14th day after germination. The presence of nitrogen fixing bacteria on rhizospere and root nodules of leguminous plant. Not only the leguminous plants but also the rhizosphere contains rhizobia which help in soil fertilization. It would have zero impact on the environment as compared to conventional chemical fertilizers. It was found that these nitrogen fixing strains along can substitute the chemical fertilizer.
Cite this article:
Arulmozhi R, Kannahi M. Formulation of Rhizobial Fertilizer for Leguminous Plant Vigna mungo Growth. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4594-4598. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00809.4
Arulmozhi R, Kannahi M. Formulation of Rhizobial Fertilizer for Leguminous Plant Vigna mungo Growth. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4594-4598. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00809.4 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-10-12
1. Arnon, D.I. (1949) Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts, polyphenol oxidase in Beta vulgaris J. Plant Physiology;24:1-15.
2. Datta, J.K., A. Banerjee, M.S. Sikdar, S. Gupta and N.K. Mondal, 2009. Impact of combined exposure of chemical fertilizer, biofertilizer and compost on growth, physiology and productivity of Brassica campestris in old alluvial soil. J. Environ. Biol., 30: 797-800.
3. Dev, S.P. and Tilak, K.V.B.R., (1976). Effect of organic amendments on the nodulation and nitrogen fixation by soybean Indian. J. Agric. Research 46(6), 252-256.
4. Elsheikh, E.A.E. And Wood, M. (1989) Response of Chickpea and soybean rhizobia to salt: osmotic and specific ion effects of salts. Soil. Biol. Biochem; 21:889- 895.
5. Gauri., Singh, A.K. and Bamania, M. (2012). Characterization of Mesorhizobium sp. isolated from root nodules of Cicer arietinum. Int J Agri Sci Res.2, 142-154.
6. Kapur, O.C., Ganguwar, M.S. and Tilak, K.V.B.R., (1975). Influence of zinc on symbiotic nitrogen fixation by soybean (Glycine max Linn.) in silt loam soil. IJAR, 9 (1): 51-56.
7. Kulsum M.U., Baque M.A., Karium M.A. (2007). Effects of different nitrogen levels on the morphology and yield of blackgram. Journal of Agronomy, 6, 125-130.
8. Kumar, M. and Kumar, R. (1993). Effect of metasystox on certain physiological and biochemical aspects in Viciafaba. Nat Conserv; 5:109-110.
9. Mishra, J. and Mishra, K.N. (2008). Effect of different strains of Rhizobium on nitrogen fixation and other growth characteristics of two leguminous species. Pl. Arch; 8(1):307-310.
10. Oblisami, G. (1995). on in vitro growth of five species of ectomycorhizal fungi. Euro J for Path; 1(7):204-210.
11. Pervin S., Jannat B., Sanjee S. and Farzana T. (2017). Characterization of Rhizobia From Root Nodule And Rhizosphere Of Lablab purpureus and Vigna sinensis In Bangladesh. Turkish Journal of Agriculture - Food Science And Technology, 5(1): 14-17.
12. Provorov, N.A., U.B. Saimnazarov, I.U. Bakhromov, D.Z. Pulatova, A.P. Kozhemyakov and G.A. Kurbanov. (1998). Effect of Rhizobia inoculation on the seed (herbage) production of mungbean (Phaseohus aureus Roxb.) grown at Uzbekistan. J. Arid Environ. 39:565-575.
13. Rai, R., Dash, P.K., Gaikwad, K. and Jain, P.K. (2013). Phenotypic and molecular profiling of indigenous chickpea rhizobia in India. CIBTech J Microbiol.2, 33-38.
14. Sharma, D.S. and Tilak K.V.B.R., (1974). Comparative efficiency of different commercial inoculants of Rhizobium japonicum on field grown soybeans. ICAR, 8 (4): 223-226
15. Singh, B., Kaur, R. and Singh, K., (2008). Characterization of Rhizobium strain isolated from the roots of Trigonella foenum-graecum. Afr. J. Biotechnol; 7(20):3671-3676.
16. Somasegaran, P. and Hoben, H.J. (1994). Handbook for Rhizobia. Methods in Legume Rhizobium technology. Springer-Verlag, NewYork. 332-341.
17. Vincent, J.M., (1970). A Manual for the Practical Study of Root-Nodule Bacteria. IBP Hand Book, No.15, Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publication.