Swathy S, Anitha Roy, S. Rajeshkumar
Swathy S1, Anitha Roy2*, S. Rajeshkumar2
1Graduate Student, Bachelor of Dentistry, Saveetha Dental College, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai, India.
2Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Saveetha Dental College, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2020
Background: Ginger, belonging to the family Zingiberaceae, is known for its anti -inflammatory and anti- microbial activities since ancient times. Ginger Oleoresin, extract of ginger, has the properties of ginger and was used in this study for its anti- inflammatory properties. Aim: The aim of the study was to evaluate the anti- inflammatory activity of ginger oleoresin mediated silver nanoparticles. Materials and methods: Ginger oleoresin was used to prepare the silver nanoparticle which was confirmed by UV-Vis spectrophotometer. The anti -inflammatory test was carried out by inhibition of albumin denaturation assay technique and was compared with standard diclofenac sodium. Results: A concentration dependent increase in the anti-inflammatory activity was evident in both nanoparticles and the standard in this study. The anti-inflammatory activity of ginger oleoresin mediated nanoparticles was similar to that of the standard diclofenac sodium. Conclusion: The study has proved that ginger oleoresin can be used for the eco-friendly green synthesis of silver nanoparticles and as ginger oleoresin mediated silver nanoparticles showed good used anti-inflammatory activity, it may be used for various inflammatory conditions.
Cite this article:
Swathy S, Anitha Roy, S. Rajeshkumar. Anti-inflammatory activity of Ginger oleoresin mediated Silver nanoparticles. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(10):4591-4593. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00808.2
1. Kanagavalli, U, Mohamed Sadiq A, Sathishkumar, S, Rajeshkumar, S. Plant Assisted Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Boerhaavia diffusa Leaves Extract and Evolution of Antibacterial Activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy Technology. 2016; 9(8):1064-1068.
2. S. Asha, P. Thirunavukkarasu, S. Rajeshkumar Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Mirabilis jalapa aqueous extract and their antibacterial activity against respective microorganisms (2017) Research Journal of Pharmacy Technology 2017 10(3) : 811-817.
3. Aditya Jain, S Rajeshkumar, Anitha Roy. Anti- inflammatory activity of Silver nanoparticles synthesised using Cumin oil. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(6): 2790-2793.
4. T Pranati, Roy Anitha, S Rajeshkumar, Thangavelu Lakshmi Preparation of Silver nanoparticles using Nutmeg oleoresin and its Antimicrobial activity against Oral pathogens. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. June 2019, 12(6): 2799-2803
5. Abudakir Shamaa Anjum, Roy Anitha, Rajeshkumar S and Thangavelu Lakshmi Synthesis of White Pepper Oleoresin Mediated Silver Nanoparticles and its Antioxidant Effect. Biomedicine (2019) 31 (1), 165 – 169
6. Chellakannu M, Panneerselvam T, Rajeshkumar S, Kinetic study on the herbal synthesis of silver nanoparticles and its antioxi-dant and antibacterial effect against gastrointestinal pathogens, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences: 2019: 10(1): 407-414
7. Rajeshkumar S Karpagambigai S, Jacquline Rosy P and Venkat Kumar S Controlling of Disease Causing Pathogens Using Silver Nanoparticles Synthesized by One Step Green Procedure Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science .2018; 8 (01):142-146.
8. Rajeshkumar S and Bharath L V. Mechanism of plant-mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles - A review on biomolecules involved, characterisation and antibacterial activity Chemico-Biological Interactions 273 (2017) 219-227.
9. Rajeshkumar S, Naik P. Synthesis and biomedical applications of cerium oxide nanoparticles–a review. Biotechnology Reports. 2018 Mar 1;17:1-5.
10. Grzanna R, Lindmark L, Frondoza CG. Ginger—an herbal medicinal product with broad anti-inflammatory actions. Journal of medicinal food. 2005 Jun 1;8(2):125-32.
11. Bailey-Shaw YA, Williams LA, Junor GA, Green CE, Hibbert SL, Salmon CN, Smith AM. Changes in the contents of oleoresin and pungent bioactive principles of Jamaican ginger Zingiber officinale Roscoe. during maturation. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 2008 ;20;56(14):5564-71.
12. J.R. Vane, R.M. Botting, New insight into the mode of action of anti-inflammatory drugs, Inflamm. Res. 44 (1995) 1–10.
13. R. Vijayaraj, G. Dinesh Kumar, N. Sri Kumaran. In vitro anti-inflammatory activity of silver nanoparticle synthesized Avicennia marina (Forssk.) Vierh.: A green synthetic approach. International Journal of Green Pharmacy, July-Sep 2018 (Suppl) 12 (3) | S528
14. Anubhav Das , Anitha Roy , S. Rajeshkumar , T. Lakshmi Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using star fruit leaves and its anti-inflammatory activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(7):3507-3510.
15. J. Sujatha, P. Suriya, S. Rajeshkumar. Biosynthesis and Characterization of silver Nanoparticles by Actinomycetes isolated from Agriculture field and its application on Antimicrobial activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(6): 1963-1968.
16. Soumya Menon, Happy Agarwal, Rajeshkumar S, Venkat Kumar S Anticancer assessment of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles using Mucuna pruriens seed extract on lung cancer treatment 2018, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2018, 11 (9): 3887 - 3891.
17. Happy Agarwal, Soumya Menon, S. Rajeshkumar, S. Venkat Kumar Green synthesis of silver nanoparticle using Kalanchoe pinnata leaf extract and its antibacterial effect against Gram-positive and Gram-negative species 2018 Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2018, 11 (9):3964 – 3968
18. Vignesh S., Anitha Roy , S. Rajeshkumar, T. Lakshmi .Evaluation of the Antimicrobial activity of Cumin oil mediated silver nanoparticles on Oral microbes. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(8):3709-3712.
19. K. Vanmathi Selvi, M. Hemalatha, S. Rajeshkumar. Analysis of Bioactive compounds from Spirulina gessneri and studying its Antibacterial activity against wound Infection causing pathogens. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(6): 1983-1990.
20. Trinaina Somas Kandhan, Roy Anitha, S. Rajeshkumar; T. Lakshmi. Green synthesis of Rosemary Oleoresin mediated Silver Nanoparticles and its effect on Oral pathogens. RJPT 2019 12(11):5579-5582.