Author(s): Vaishnavi Sivakali Subramanian, Pradeep

Email(s): vaishnavisivakali@gmail.com

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00203.1   

Address: Vaishnavi Sivakali Subramanian1, Dr. Pradeep2
1BDS (1st Year), Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, Chennai
2Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, Chennai
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 9,      Issue - 8,     Year - 2016


ABSTRACT:
AIM : To conduct a survey about awareness of oral medicine specialty among medical practitioners in and around Chennai . OBJECTIVE : To assess and create awareness of oral medicine specialty among medical practitioners, and assess the number of oral medicines cases that they come across in their routine practice and to assess whom they refer to. MATERIALS AND METHODS: A printed questionnaires of 100 copies were prepared and given to medical practitioners practicing in Chennai. RESULTS: Only 71% were aware about the specialties of oral medicine whereas the rest 29% were not aware about oral medicine specialty in dentistry. Moreover any oral manifestations and orofacial disorders were not been referred to dental specialties but to general dentists , general doctors.TMJ problems were referred to orthopedics, while facial pain cases were referred to general surgeon and neurologist. CONCLUSION: It was concluded that few of general practitioners were not aware about oral health and its manifestations and were referring the patients to concerned specialist.


Cite this article:
Vaishnavi Sivakali Subramanian, Pradeep. Awareness of Oral Medicine Specialty among Medical practitioners in and around the locality of Chennai : A Survey. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2016; 9(8):1073-1076. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00203.1


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Amina Mehrin Bano, Vishnupriya. V, Gayathri. R

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00171.2         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): G. Bhavani, R. Navaneethan

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00269.4         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Karthikeson P.S , Gayathri.R, Vishnu Priya.V

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00289.4         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): G. Nithya Karpagam, Mahesh, Shanmugavel

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00179.7         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): P. Geetha, M. Kousalya, S. Geetha Lakshmi, R. Gopi.

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00046.9         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Young Mi Ryu, Myungsun Yi

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00421.8         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Anupama Deepak, Saravana Kumar

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00264.X         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Kiruthika Patturaja, Pradeep. D

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00258.4         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): A. Ashwatha Pratha, R. V. Geetha

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00240.2         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Aravind. N, Saravana Pandiyan

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00301.2         Access: Closed Access Read More

Author(s): A. Shreya Svitlana

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00243.2         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Fatemeh Haidari, Esmat Mansoori, Mehrnoosh Zakerkish, Mohammadhossein Haghighizadeh

DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00263.3         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Suraj. S. Gaba

DOI: Not Available         Access: Open Access Read More

Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology (RJPT) is an international, peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary journal.... Read more >>>

RNI: CHHENG00387/33/1/2008-TC                     
DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X 

0.38
2018CiteScore
 
56th percentile
Powered by  Scopus


SCImago Journal & Country Rank


Recent Articles




Tags