Indrajeet Singhvi, Ashwin Prajapati, Vibhash Jain
Indrajeet Singhvi*, Ashwin Prajapati and Vibhash Jain
Pacific College of Pharmacy, Pacific Hill’s, Air Port Road, Pratap Nagar Extn., Debari, Udaipur (Rajasthan).
Volume - 5,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2012
Three simple and sensitive colorimetric methods have been developed for the quantitative estimation of Dapoxetine Hydrochloride (DPH) from Pharmaceutical tablet dosage form. Developed methods are based on the formation of chloroform extractable ion pair coloured complex of drug with Chlorophenol Red (CPR, Method A), Methyl Orange (MO, Method B) and Cosneasie Brilliant Blue R (CBB, Method C). The complex formed in method A, B and C showed maximum absorbance at 406.0 nm, 422.0 nm and 624.0 nm respectively. Linearity was obeyed in concentration range of 5-30 μgm/ml, 5-20 μgm/ml and 10-60 μgm/ml of DPH for method A, B and C respectively. The results of analysis were validated statistically and by recovery studies.
REFERENCES AND NOTES:
Cite this article:
Indrajeet Singhvi, Ashwin Prajapati, Vibhash Jain. Quantitative Estimation of Dapoxetine Hydrochloride from Tablet Formulation by Colorimetric Methods Using Chlorophenol Red, Methyl Orange and Cosneasie Brilliant Blue R Dyes. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 5(10): October 2012; Page 1293-1296.
3. G. Abirami, K. Anandakumar, R. Velmurugan, Development And Validation of UV-Spectroscopy Method For The Determination of Dapoxetine Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Formulation, Journal of Pharmacy Research,2012;5(4),1949-1951.
4. D M Dhaduk, B G Rathod, P B Patel, Estimation of Sildenafil Citrate and Dapoxetine Hydrochloride in their Combined Dosage Form by Validated UV Spectroscopic method, Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance , Vol. 2012 , Article ID- " Inventi:ppaqa/337/12 "Available From: http://www.inventi.in/ Article/ppaqa/337/12.aspx
5. Hamilton CL, Cornpropst JD., Determination of dapoxetine, an investigational agent with the potential for treating depression, and its mono- and di-desmethyl metabolites in human plasma using column-switching high-performance liquid chromatography, J Chromatogr., 1993; 612(2):253-61.
6. D. Kiran Kumar, K.S. Nataraj, K. Kesinath Reddy, S. Suresh Kumar, Method Development and Validation for analysis of Dapoxetine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Available from: scientificipca.org/paper/ 2011/09/15/ 201109151132590A.doc
7. Abha D. Giri, Vidhya K. Bhusari, Sunil R Dhaneshwar, Validated HPLC Method for Simultaneous Quantitation of Tadalafil and Dapoxetine Hydrochloride in Bulk Drug and Formulation,, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences,2012;4(2):654-658